Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

termination costs

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LS,

Why do I get charged EUR 60 for terminating my subscription after several years of membership. Did you not earn enough money from me? It say on the site I can terminate when I want!

Kosten voor vroegtijdige beëindiging
Er worden kosten voor vroegtijdige beëindiging ten bedrage van  60,45 in rekening gebracht op je creditcard MasterCard eindigend op ****

[Credit Card info removed by moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Foound this on some website...

If you’ve even gone through the process of cancelling your account you’ll know that Adobe always throw in a special deal to keep you on board. Even it you’re not going to cancel, going through the process could land you with a 30-50% discount on the product for a short time.

You should also know that if you are going to cancel then you need to pay 50% of the remaining cost of your membership for the annual cycle.

While 50% for Adobe Stock was only $60, the Creative cloud was the $250 I mentioned earlier.

It was when the different options were presented to me that I got the idea. One of the options was to downgrade to a Photography only license. This was only $15 a month, so even if they started my annual license all over again I would still only have to pay $180 for the next year instead of a $250 cancellation fee.

Then I realised that part of the offer from Adobe is that you can cancel any subscription within the first 14 days without having to pay the cancellation fee.

So I did just that, and here’s the steps

• Start the cancellation process for your current license
  • When offered a discount or to switch to another plan, choose the cheapest new plan (for me it was photography)
  • Once your membership is updated, start the cancellation process again immediately
  • The cancellation fee is now $0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wim98A2 wrote:

Did you not earn enough money from me?

Hi 

This is a user to user forum and you are not talking to Adobe. Here are the subscription terms:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Since you have already cancelled and have been billed the cancellation fee, contact Adobe Customer Care. They are the only ones who can help with billing.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'It say on the site I can terminate when I want'

It also says on the site that it is an annual plan paid monthly. That does have an early termination charge.

You can subscribe to Photoshop on a monthly basis with no commitment to an annual period, but it is more expensive per month than an annual plan.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines