Highlighted

Terribly scaled UI for filters and functions; PLEASE FIX SOON

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted this before, a long time ago, and am kicking the dead horse because Adobe said it was being addressed, and then didn't address it, and because it's EXTREMELY annoying.

When attempting to use most filters and some other processes/functions in Photoshop 2020 and 2021, the UI is just too small.  Take, for example, Lens Flare.  I wanted to throw some fun effects into an image.  But when the prompt opens, it's a tiny little popup in the middle of the display, so small that I cannot accurately place the flare where I want it as I can't move the flare in small enough increments.  This occurs when control + scrolling to zoom the display in as well as working at standard magnification.  That I know of, there is NO way to scale up these things.

Come on, guys.  Get it together.  Little things like this should've been addressed YEARS before you decided to implement "Neural Filters," which, granted, they're new, but they're garbage. 

Increasing UI font size and scaling UI to font has NO effect on the issue cited for this post.  Reducing screen resolution is not an option, so please don't suggest it: I'm too young to be running at 1024x768 on a 27" 5k display.  

I'm running the newest version of MacOS on my iMac 27" with an I7 quadcore 4.2ghz, 64gb of 2666mhz RAM, 16gb of video, and a huge mostly empty internal SSD.  So, there is no way performance is an issue either. 

Any ideas?  And if not, when can this be fixed?

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Terribly scaled UI for filters and functions; PLEASE FIX SOON

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted this before, a long time ago, and am kicking the dead horse because Adobe said it was being addressed, and then didn't address it, and because it's EXTREMELY annoying.

When attempting to use most filters and some other processes/functions in Photoshop 2020 and 2021, the UI is just too small.  Take, for example, Lens Flare.  I wanted to throw some fun effects into an image.  But when the prompt opens, it's a tiny little popup in the middle of the display, so small that I cannot accurately place the flare where I want it as I can't move the flare in small enough increments.  This occurs when control + scrolling to zoom the display in as well as working at standard magnification.  That I know of, there is NO way to scale up these things.

Come on, guys.  Get it together.  Little things like this should've been addressed YEARS before you decided to implement "Neural Filters," which, granted, they're new, but they're garbage. 

Increasing UI font size and scaling UI to font has NO effect on the issue cited for this post.  Reducing screen resolution is not an option, so please don't suggest it: I'm too young to be running at 1024x768 on a 27" 5k display.  

I'm running the newest version of MacOS on my iMac 27" with an I7 quadcore 4.2ghz, 64gb of 2666mhz RAM, 16gb of video, and a huge mostly empty internal SSD.  So, there is no way performance is an issue either. 

Any ideas?  And if not, when can this be fixed?

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You're posting in the wrong place, this is a user to user forum, for feedback and feature request the Adobe Feedback Forum is the place to post

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where the support team told me to post.  I'll copy this into Feedback either way.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While not a ideal solution, on your Mac you could use Zoom in System Preferences>Accessibility to temporarily magnify the screen when doing adjustments in small filter dialogs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
BK.Photo LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is what I've basically been doing.  That's what I mentioned in my post above; control + scroll wheel on the mouse basically zooms you in on the feature.  But, the issue here is that the filter still has a proportionally massive movement increment.  In a 45 megapixel image on a 5k display, trying to place a lens flare or similar on a very small point is nigh impossible.  

Oh well... it is what it is.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0