• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text effect

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this and would like some help please: When I create a text effect in PS or AI meaning adding like glitter, fur ect into the text is this editable once downloaded and brought over to another platform? will this be a clipart once created or a font?  Can I download as a font and use else where and edit the wording? Thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glitter and Fur are not effects that come with either Photoshop or Illustrator. What are you using to get those effects?

• Effects in Photoshop are Layer Effects and stay with the layer. The effects can be copied or moved to another layer, and the text can stay live if you do not rasterize it. You can continue to edit the layer effects while in Photoshop.
  • Effects in Illustrator are Appearances. Again, the text will stay live unless you outline it, and the Effects (Appearances) are editable in Illustrator.

If you take the text into another application, though, it depends on the application and your method as to whether the text will be editable. You will not have the same effects editing capability if you leave the native application.

You cannot create a new font this way if that is what you are asking. How do you plan to export, and which application do you plan to use? 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I am aware the effect do not come with PS or AI. I am going to create the effects on this platform which I understand can be edited while on these platforms but my question is once its been created with e.g stroke, graident, flares ect can it be downloaded onto a whole different platform to be added to another piece of work for my customers to be able to edit the wording as I want to make the designs and allow my customers to change the words to what they need but the style of the writing I created stay the same. Please see example example for adobe 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Please can someone help on the last question above. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines