• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Effects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyo, I'm very new to photoshop. I have the latest version, and am trying to figure out how to install new text effects? I've tried searching on the internet, but everything I find is just about using text effects, not adding new ones to it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you ❤️

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

By "Text Effects" do you mean layer styles, or something else?

Photoshop is designed so that you can make new layer styles, either from scratch or by applying an existing layer style and  adjusting the controls, then saving the style using the "New Style" button in the layer style dialogue. You can of course search the internet and download pre-made layer styles To load those , open the styles panel, click at the top right and in the menu choose "Load Styles"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that might be what I'm wanting, but not sure. I'm still trying to learn a lot about photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What new text effects are you talking about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a melt text effect that I would love to use, as well as a few others. I found one that's a smoke effect. https://elements.envato.com/smoke-effect-FPD88G?irgwc=1&clickid=zlATZhzK6xyJRns0MvSyQWlBUknwzfwBuR6W... sorry for the long link, really didn't know it was that long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want pre-made styles - do a search using "Layer Styles" rather than text effects and you will find many options.

I would recommend though that you right click the text layer - choose Blending Options and play with the dialogue. You can make many effects that way

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/layer-effects-styles.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the layer style is the same thing as the effects, right? With the styles I can change the effect of things? Also, this is the main effect I was wanting to get

https://www.lincungstock.com/2018/07/free-download-custom-text-melt-effect.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The example you show needs more than a layer style. The tutorial you liked shows that it is hand drawn , using the text as a guide.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, ok. I'm sorry, I was just looking for some new text styles and fonts to add so that I could have more of a variety.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, how would I get some of these added to my photoshop? If you don't mind anyway ❤️

https://cssauthor.com/latest-free-photoshop-text-styles-effects/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't really, you can download the PSD and change the text by double click on the smart object which will open up in a new window

yummy.png

After changing the text, exit out of the psb and click yes to save the changes

image1.png

image 2.png

image 3.png

You can also take a look at how the layer effects were applied by double clicking on the FX icon

image 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines