Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text following a form

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to do the same effect with my text as in the Oscar poster. Do you know how to do so ? I tried to select my form and transform my selection in trace but the text goes around the form, and is not a straight line.

poster1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what problem you have. If you have oscar and stroke then you can manually transform text and position it with no problem if that is what you want. Can you post screenshot with problem and panels + options bar visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2020-08-24 à 11.53.48.png

 when I try to make the text follow the silouhette, it looks like the white test. But I want to have this kind of "ray of sunshine effect" with my text (see test in red). I would like my text to follow the shape of the Oscar but only the first letter will be near it. Thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way is probably to do this manually. Make a white stroke around the oscar. Then type the text in a normal straight line and place it on the edge of the stroke. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As already suggested by Marja_de_Klerk , create point type text by clicking anywhere using Horizontal Type tool. After typing text commit and go to Edit > Free Transform. In free transform mode rotate and move to position text along desired edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines