• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Layer editing help

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one PSD file that everytime that I try to edit a text layer, it adds a new text layer and will not allow me to edit the layer I want.  I've tried everything, reset text tool, reset photoshop preferences..  very frustrating. Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Yes, thanks for the reply.  

I select the layer I want to edit, click the layer thumbnail the curser does have the border around it when I go to edit. How do I simply edit the text tho? One thing I notice is that the layer thumbnail looks like an image.

(transparent grey and white squares) while other files have the "T" to indicate text......Hmmm-do I need to render anything?  A clue!

thanks for your kind advice

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe what you're doing when you're trying to edit a type layer? You have to pay attention to the cursor when you go to click to edit type. With the Type Tool active, you'll have a border around the cursor to indicate a new Type Layer; no border means you can directly edit whatever type is immediately underneath the cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks for the reply.  

I select the layer I want to edit, click the layer thumbnail the curser does have the border around it when I go to edit. How do I simply edit the text tho? One thing I notice is that the layer thumbnail looks like an image.

(transparent grey and white squares) while other files have the "T" to indicate text......Hmmm-do I need to render anything?  A clue!

thanks for your kind advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To edit text you double click on the text layers T thumbnail in the layers palette. That should put you in text edit mode.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I understand that, but is there a way to render an image of text into text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no OCR feature built into Photoshop. You would need to use some OCR software to extract text in an images into a text file. And the would not remove the text from the images file. You may be able to somewhat erase the text with content] aware fill. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check Acrobat or online for OCR software. You can even try Google Docs which has a function for PDF

https://business.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-ocr-documents-for-free-in-google-drive--cms-20460

I just did a test using a PDF and works quite well actually using Google Docs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines