• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text not appearing

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after having the latest update for Photoshop and for some reason when I go and use the text tool. There is no text visiable at all. Like completely blank! Is it just me with the problem or has anyone experience this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

The most common reasons are that the text is too small or it's white on a white background. If that's not it, type some text, click and insertion point with the Type tool, and show your Character and Paragraph panels so we can better assist.

~ Jane 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

The thing is that even with a white background it is still not showing the text at all. The same with a transparent background. The text works in the previous version, but since the latest one came out I've been unable to type any text at all. I even adjusted the size, changed the font colour, the font style and well everything as far as I know.

I even did the uninstall/reinstall trick, but that didn't work at all.

I'm literately at a deadend and have no idea what to do next 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's not it, type some text, click and insertion point with the Type tool, and show your Character and Paragraph panels so we can better assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is text in an editable Type Layer denoted by a T?

Is the Type Layer selected and visible (eye icon)?

image.png

Assuming all is as it should be, try resetting your Type Tool.  See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any special fonts from AdobeFonts (formerly Typekit)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, I am having the same problem since yesterday.  I tried resetting the type tool per above instructions.  My friend who is knowledgeable about PS, tried to troubleshoot with me online for 2 hours.  No go.  I also have PSE 14 & it's not working there either.

Thank you for any ideas/help you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the font you're using is corrupted.  Try a different font like Arial or Times New Roman.

Make sure the Type color and size is appropriate for your canvas.  Not too dark, not too light.  Not too small, not too big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that - thanks.  Just want to put a screen shot in here because the text cursor is horizontal, not vertical, even though I have not changed the orientation (vertical).  I did try a tool reset, which was recommended here in a similar post/thread.  No help.Managed to change cursor orientation but won't type anywayManaged to change cursor orientation but won't type anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you click and hold on the tool icon, you can change to the standard type tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines