• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Tool crashes Photoshop CS5 instantly [OSX Mojave]

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating my Mac OS to Mojave I've had issues with photoshop cs5 -- at first it wouldn't open at all until someone told me to allow the app accessibility to control my computer in settings but now Photoshop quits every time I click the text tool. Have tried deleting all additional fonts in case any were corrupt, have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop itself, have tried updating the photoshop software which fails every time, have tried turning off font previews which doesn't work, have reset all photoshop preferences, still the same. I don't know what else I could possibly try, does any one have any suggestions? Would appreciate any help!

Thank you, Francesca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francesca

Have a look through this list of known issues.  I have no idea if it is relevant, but it's a good idea to check.  (It says Photoshop CC, but the page mentions earlier versions)

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

Then look through the troubleshoot guide

Basic troubleshooting steps to solve problems and issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.h...

Specifically fonts

Basic troubleshooting steps to solve problems and issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

I have changed your subject line to indicate your operating system and Photoshop version.  I am not a Mac user, and the change will attract people with the relevant experience)

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Trevor, still having no luck with all the options they suggest to try. Appreciate your time though, will keep trying!

Francesca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something to keep in mind when you try things.

Some preference changes take effect right away, while others need Photoshop to be fully Quit and restarted before they take effect.  There is no way other than experience to know which ones work what way.

I only mention this in case you might have tried something, tested immediately, and thought it didn't help, but in fact you didn't Quit and restart Photoshop before testing.

Try some things you tried before, but this time remember to OK out of the preferences changes, Quit Photoshop, and restart it.

At this point Photoshop CS5 is getting pretty long in the tooth, and Macs aren't known for staying compatible with older applications, so if you can find no resolution you might want to think about moving up to a Creative Cloud subscription.  Depending on what Adobe applications you use, there's a Photographer's Bundle subscription that's not terribly expensive.

Good luck!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to find a solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up just biting the bullet and upgraded to the new Photoshop CC subscription instead — I think you were all right & the CS5 was just not compatible with the new OS anymore. But thanks so much all for your time and help!

Francesca x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines