Text tool not working properly

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac running Catalina. Photoshop is up to date. When I try to use text tool it just shows "Ipsum" in huge black letters (must be about 1000pt in size) even though I have tried to set it down to 6pt. Can't add new text at all. Sometimes I see "Rendering text". I have reconfigured tools. Any ideas, please?

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text tool not working properly

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac running Catalina. Photoshop is up to date. When I try to use text tool it just shows "Ipsum" in huge black letters (must be about 1000pt in size) even though I have tried to set it down to 6pt. Can't add new text at all. Sometimes I see "Rendering text". I have reconfigured tools. Any ideas, please?

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the tools and/or preferences.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020 0