• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I watched some video on YouTube of a text effect and was told to press ctrl up and right multiple times however this had completely mixed up my text and got it doing strange things from over lapping on top of each other and typing backwards I've tried sorting the paragraph order out and re setting the tool however no luck!

please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you select the text and show your Character panel? Which YouTube video where you watching, and at what minute were these commands? Which tool were you using?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. 4B5CF8F7-4704-4A38-9F07-A325CEBDDBF0.jpeg

https://youtu.be/BLx2dZHywkk

this is the video and the commands start at 2.50 and I was just using the text tool I've tried re setting the tool etc but nothing I've seen online has fixed the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First, delete both of your Type Layers, because they are, as you say, mixed up. Then reset your Type tool and type and format new text.

What he is trying to have you do is make multiple copies of your layer, with each one pixel up and one pixel right to create a beveled effect.

F80BD13D-FF79-4460-B168-58BF1E3404DE.jpeg

Hi @defaultegqusf6zkvg7 

What he did was:

• Select the Type layer
  • Press and hold Ctrl+Alt and do not let go
  • Tap and release the up arrow and right arrow keys in unison 90 times
    It's important that you tap and release them together and not separately
    The number depends on the size of the text
  • Release the Ctrl+Alt keys

I just practiced this to confirm I had the steps and it works with Cmd+Option on a Mac. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here it is with a stroke effect on the layer so you can see where he's going with this. I only watched the part of the video you asked about.

~ Jane

jane-e_1-1614284291063.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines