Highlighted

Text

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I'm working on a page for a yearbook and I need to put a quote/paragraph in, and I can't make it stop going too far out. I'm trying to make it go down (but not vertically). Like how it works in google docs. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I'm working on a page for a yearbook and I need to put a quote/paragraph in, and I can't make it stop going too far out. I'm trying to make it go down (but not vertically). Like how it works in google docs. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Down seems like a vertical direction to me as does Up. Where Left and Right are not vertical. 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 100% what your issue is. I'm guessing that you have a long piece of text that you want to wrap across multiple lines but instead it is running off the edge of the document as a single line of text. Is that the case?

With the Type tool in Photoshop it is possible to create two kinds of text.

1. If you click and release the mouse you will create Point Text which is a single line of text. You can press the Enter/Return key to force a new line if needed.
  2. If you click, drag and release the mouse you will create Paragraph Text. The box that you draw defines the boundaries of a multi-line block of text. Any text that you type or paste into here will automatically wrap to a new line when needed.

If required you can convert between Point Text and Paragraph Text. Select the text layer within the Layers panel and look for the relevant text conversion entry within the Type menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines