• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Textured Effects

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm a self-taught Photoshop user & even after using Photoshop for a long time I'm still clueless about so much! I hope someone will be kind enough to assist on this:

I've been trying to recreate this effect for the flowers here for days but to no avail. I would like to get from the coloured, detailed flower graphic to a solid colored, distressed graphic.

I've tried Filter Gallery> Graphic Pen, tried to play with color overlay & blending options & also attempted to select Colour Range & copy>paste>color overlay but I still can't seem to get close to this look, where it's a single solid color & has this natural looking distressed look to it with negative space.

Additionally, could I potentially still obtain this distressed effect if I were to use a set of silhouetted, plain graphics with no existing detail (3rd image)?

Thank you in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.37.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.36.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.53.13 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've attempted what I think you're asking for--isolating the flowers somewhat like the 2nd image you posted. Here's the finished version:

flowers.jpg

To get this effect, first I added the Black and White adjustment layer to convert the image to grayscale. I used the sliders to darken the colors present in the flowers and less so the background color.

2020-07-31_9-41-45.jpg

Then I added a Gradient Map adjustment layer. It replaces the color in the image with what is in the gradient. I changed the gradient so that it's not really a transition blending one color to another but to so that some parts are black and some are white.

2020-07-31_9-42-38.jpg

Then I added a new solid and made it the color like the original background and set the Blend Mode of that layer to Lighten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines