• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The disk copy was changed since you last opened it.

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..... Do you want to save it anyway?

I'm starting to get this message again a lot. It went away for awhile, and is now back.

It started with CS5.

I think Adobe blames it on other software but cannot pinpoint it?

Can anyone fill me in?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, what is your os version? You could give the beginning of help>system info. (do not but the serial)

Could you give a list of the running applications? (this might be the critical part, somehow your system has something that triggers that issue, most other posters don't.)

Did you try to run only Photoshop? Off the network?

If other posters reported the same issue on other forums, invite them to post in this very thread (it is the only one with an Adobe Engineer in there), and have them list their system info, and programs. Until a pattern, or common denominator is found, there would be no way to fix the problem.

Does it occur if files are stored on an internal disk?

Did you try to replace the cable that connects the external disk? (checking the physical layer is step one in basic troubleshooting)

Thanks for helping us help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks PE, I'm on 12.0, images are on external hard drives.  Running apps are office and 10 others. If Chris or another engineer wants to PM for into, thats' cool, I'll answer detailed questions, but really, the issue is not even predicatble, it's intermittant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is "12.0" a Lion, or a Snow Leopard, or a Precise Pangolin, or a dumb Raccoon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JO, no reason to be so snarky/ cocky. I never understand the bad behavior of the vertans here which is so unusal for a forum.  This happens elsewhere, but it seems (the abrasiveness) to be on another level on Adobe Photoshop forums. I don't get it.   Says 12.00 under CS5. I'm sorry!  I'm on Snow Leopard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing snarky or cocky about asking you to answer the most basic troubleshooting questions.  You still have not answered some good questions from Noel. Nobody here is a mind reader and nobody here is able to see your computer. You've really got to work on communicating. That is why I suggested that you review this discussion. <-- That's a link. Click it. Read it. Learn.

You complained that you went through the "morass of threads [on this topic] and could not decipher it". We've gone through 48 posts until you decided to get around to explaining some very basic system info. By stringing us all along with no details, you've contributed to your own morass.  You've made it very hard for anyone else to decipher your troubles.

As the most basic troubleshooting step, you should be sure that your Photoshop software (and system 10.6.8) is up to date.  How would you know if Adobe has fixed your problem if you don't even have the latest update to Photoshop?

You are a veteran here too. You should know better about supplying useful information so that others can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking now about tone. There is often a really negative/ angry tone. No need for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you understand the tone of this discussion any better than you understand your computer. You would not be hearing negativity and anger. You would be hearing laughter.  This topic is a joke.

Have you updated Photoshop yet or are you wasting everyone's time here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please all focus on Kevin's legitimate issue here? There are many of us receiving the same error. I thought this forum was about sharing information, not sniping at each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us have been trying to focus on the actual problem.  Kevin, my tone has been level throughout this thread; I'm sorry if you misinterpreted it.  I probably misinterpreted yours, though honestly I don't know any other way to interpret your refusing to even acknowledge questions posed directly to you.  I think I'll just duck out.  Best of luck.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only person not focussing on Kevin's issue is Kevin. Perhaps you need to review this entire thread to realize the nonsense.  Kevin is unwilling to keep his Photoshop up-to-date or to explain what troubleshooting steps he has taken. If he pulled this crap with paid Adobe tech support, I'm sure they would hang up on him.

If you have this same problem, be smarter and more proactive than Kevin. Review the ideas in this discussion and the other lengthy discussions on it. Try all the suggestions until you find success. 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/805868?start=0&tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marian - It's obvious you could use a vacation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevin4545 wrote:

I don't get it.

Hey Kevin, the reason people may be getting a bit miffed is that you have come here looking for help, but you have provided virtually no info that could be useful for someone to help you, and you are clearly unwilling to provide any more, nor to answer specific questions.

I think by now we've pretty much determined there's no [ ] Stop Photoshop From Popping Up That Darned Message checkbox for you to configure.

You're actually rather lucky Chris Cox has taken notice of you and your issue at all.  He doesn't get paid to do so.  A bunch of other folks who also don't get paid to come on here and try to help you (and who know what they're doing) have asked you nicely for more information, and now you say you'll only provide it via PM to an engineer.  Think about that...  Your attitude hasn't been all that good here either, wouldn't you say?

But hey, keep it up.  Maybe someone will turn up that checkbox for you.  I'm starting to wonder whether the ultimate answer for you may be in getting a better computer.  One that actually just works.

Being the nice guy that I am, I really AM going to try to help you once more:  If your Photoshop reads 12.00 (which we found out after 48 posts), and it doesn't work right, perhaps you should consider installing the latest update to Photoshop, which is 12.0.4.  Adobe makes it so easy that even the most casual user should be able to update it.  Please let us know how that goes.

Good luck.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What funny Noel, is that you are the nicest guy in the world on the PHoto Pro forum, but on this forum, you come out of the gate also with a very confrontational tone too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem then took advice of one of the posters and quit extensis suitcase processes in the activity viewer and that solved it.  (I downloaded a trial version of Suitcase Fusion a few days ago)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused. Did your problem start after you loaded Suitcase Fusion, or are you attributing Suitcase Fusion with solving the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing Suitcase Fusion solved the problem.

The problem was caused by Suitcase Fusion modifying the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the case cited, with Suitcase Fusion modifying the files, were the modifications visibly apparent in Finder (i.e., by seeing an updated date on the files)?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked the file in the finder window and it doesn't change until I save.  The message about the file being changed comes up if I don't save for five or six minutes. If I quit the FM core process it stops the annoying 'document changed outside...' message and brings up the warning below. I will probably clear extensis off my system- I am an illustrator that uses fonts occasionally so I won't miss it that much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Suitcase has/had a "design" where they modify the saved file a moment after Photoshop saves the file.

We have been actively discouraging this behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean someone out there thinks that having the intrusive message pop up is a reasonable user experience?   I am a nervous saver...i.e I save my files every few minutes, so do not want any messages - in fact I try to get rid of intrusive warnings whenever they pop up. (like the  hot pins under the skin irritating 'less than 50% of pixels have been selected...' )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't want to be warned when you attempt to save over work you did in another application, and lose all that work without warning?

All of those warnings are there for a good reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just give them a way to avoid seeing the warning in the future ([  ] Don't ask again), Chris?  Not everyone needs them. 

As an example (and I'm not saying I ever see this warning myself), if I'm working on my own imagery on my own computer, I am the only person who should be able to change it, and if anything in the system has changed it I want my save to overwrite it anyway.  I'm saving the file for a reason.  Let's not forget who's in charge.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suitcase fusion caused the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and we wonder why they cant get along in the middle east...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is very very anoying indeed!

I think Adobe should do something about it even if it has somehing to do with the system or what have you.

Adobe Please! Get this fixed as soon as possible!

Hensen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines