• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The image is distorted by reducing or enlarging the window

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no one has this issue, and knows how resolve it?

Sometimes in photoshop, the image window no longer responds to commands (I can no longer work on it) and by resizing the window, the image itself is shrunk or stretched (like a rubber band). The only solution is to save, close and reopen the image.

Unfortunately I can't understand when and why it happens.

In the example I am attaching, the first window is OK, while the second is the one with the problem.

I'm on MacOs 10.14.6 and Photoshop 22.3.1 (but it also happened with the previous version).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is random, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, if I close and then reopen the file (without closing photosop) the problem is (temporarily) solved.
In the video I have two windows open at the same time, on one I have the problem on the other not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you disabled Â»Use Graphics Processor« and restarted Photoshop or not? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said earlier the problem is random, it happens sometimes. I'll try to disable the graphics processor, and see if it doesn't happen over time.
But I don't understand why it started doing it (and why with one window yes and the other no)
(I'm on a mac pro with an AMD FirePro D300).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, disabling and enabling the graphics processor several times.

Leaving it disabled no issues, enabling it, the problem recurred (one time).

I will try to leave it disabled for some time.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is no proper solution as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool, 3D Features and some Filter acceleration for example) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver or the OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird - can you check the pixel aspect ratio under the view menu - that's all I can think of. It should be set to square. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 9.20.18 AM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's square, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue with Photoshop 24. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joejoe_jack,

What version of photoshop and macOS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 
Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines