• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The limit of your video card's drawing capabilities has been reached....

Explorer ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this message mean? Is my Mac to old, slow, outdated? Or is there a setting somewhere to help me?

I am trying to make lighting effects to these luminaires, but Photoshop shows this message or the result is just a white background.

I have Photoshop version 21.1.2

I work on a MacBook Pro 15 inch, 2017 with MacOS Catalina 10.15.4

Processor: 2,9 HGz i7, 16 GB RAM, Graphic: Radeon Pro 560 4GB

Skærmbillede 2020-05-07 kl. 11.45.22.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does this problem also occur with other Adobe software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, only in Photoshop and only when applying lighting effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message is what it says.

Previews in 3D use the GPU processor and memory (VRAM). If you reach the limit in terms of GPU power or memory you will get the 'option' to continue with reduced preview quality and functions. It does not affect the final render as the ray tracing for final render, in Photoshop, is done with the CPU and system RAM.

You can alter the preview quality settings in Preferences - 3D.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But that will make it allmost impossible for me to make the lighting effects. When I click OK after the error, the picture background i now white and the lighting effects in filters is now grey and unaccessable.

Skærmbillede 2020-05-07 kl. 12.54.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try reducing the prewiew quality in preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can alter the preview quality settings in Preferences - 3D." - that did not work either. I can work a little more with the picture, but the message, error and corrupted pictures will still come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue, lighting effects constantly has issues and needs a serious update to remove the bugs. 

I've tried everything and worked out the only way to fix it is to uninstall the app and reinstall. This will fix it for me for a couple of weeks and then I have to repeat the process. 

We pay good money for this app and from all the forums I read many people have drama's with the lighting effects. Adobe should have sorted this a long time ago. My machine has all top specs so it's not that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines