Highlighted

The Menu Bar in PS CS6 has disappeared.

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Menu Bar in PS CS6 has disappeared

It's impossible to do any work without it.

I have no idea how to get it back.

Please help.

Thanks for your consideration,

cobaltgreen

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Conrad C | Adobe Community Professional

Try pressing the F key. You probably pressed it by mistake at some point, which would put you into one of the Full Screen modes. The F key is the same as clicking the Screen Mode icon in the toolbar or choosing one of the View > Screen Mode options.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The Menu Bar in PS CS6 has disappeared.

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Menu Bar in PS CS6 has disappeared

It's impossible to do any work without it.

I have no idea how to get it back.

Please help.

Thanks for your consideration,

cobaltgreen

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Conrad C | Adobe Community Professional

Try pressing the F key. You probably pressed it by mistake at some point, which would put you into one of the Full Screen modes. The F key is the same as clicking the Screen Mode icon in the toolbar or choosing one of the View > Screen Mode options.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 25, 2012 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2012 7
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happened when I pressed F

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2016 0
New Here ,
May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click on window then workspace then you'll see the word Photography click on it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2013 28
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked just like you said

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2015 2
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me, and this worked a treat, thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2015 0
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2016 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved me, thanks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked Thx mate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir, are a legend! safey008

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are awesome, Thank you this solution worked! this little disappearing act cost me like 30 minutes of my life LOL and it was so simple geeze!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... its so simple.. but when u don`t now it`s going to complicated... thank masta...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works ! thanks ! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't have the regular menu bar, just different screen modes by pressing F key

... I wish to have a regular menu with: file, edit etc

thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2015 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same with me second screen. I unplugged my monitor and plugged it back in and it fixed itself. Maybe that will help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2015 0
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open any image using ctrl+o and then once you have the image on your photoshop, press 'F' to swap the full screen morde. It worked for me.... Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2015 0
New Here ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pressed 'windows + P' to switch to screen one only and then back to extend.

That has the same effect, thanks for the tip, it helped!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My menu doesn't show the options for anti-alias or tolerance when I select the magic wand tool

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brendam7720201 wrote:

My menu doesn't show the options for anti-alias or tolerance when I select the magic wand tool

The question you're asking should actually be in a new discussion. This discussion was about whether the menu bar itself is visible, while you're asking about Anti-Alias and Tolerance settings which are on the options bar, not the menu bar.

I have a suggestion anyway. Are you sure you've selected the Magic Wand tool? The Magic Wand tool shares the same slot in the Tools panel as the Quick Selection tool, and if you've actually selected the Quick Selection tool, what you'll see on the options bar are Sample All Layers and Auto-Enhance. If that's what you see, switch from Quick Selection to Magic Wand by holding down the mouse button on that slot in the Tools panel to pop up the tool menu so you can select the Magic Wand tool and get the options you want.

If that doesn't solve your problem, you'll want to start a new forum discussion so that we can troubleshoot it further.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PS CS4 Extended

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2016 0