Highlighted

The Move Tool (again)

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a search but still need to post a question that is pretty basic but after several hours I simply need help I want to spread 9 images that have already been sized around the viewing field. I have done file>scripts>place in stack so I now have my nine images stacked. All have the visibility eye open. I want to slide them off the stack and place them around the screen with the move tool. I select the top image on the stack, hold the move tool down, but when I grag it the image disappears leaving a checkerboard rectangle where it had been. What technique am I missing that will permit me to move these images one at a time out of the stack?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The Move Tool (again)

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a search but still need to post a question that is pretty basic but after several hours I simply need help I want to spread 9 images that have already been sized around the viewing field. I have done file>scripts>place in stack so I now have my nine images stacked. All have the visibility eye open. I want to slide them off the stack and place them around the screen with the move tool. I select the top image on the stack, hold the move tool down, but when I grag it the image disappears leaving a checkerboard rectangle where it had been. What technique am I missing that will permit me to move these images one at a time out of the stack?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screenshot or short video to demonstrate your problem? It is difficult to understand what is actual problem withut visuals.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot. I want to pull each of the 9 photos out from the others leaving 9 images around the field. When I move the dog to my left she disappears leaving a blank rectangle where she was and no visible photo of the dog.

wcreen-shot-1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried right-clicking the move tool but there are no options given. I have tried combinations of shift, control, and both together but I am unable to move the images out of the stack and onto the adjacent areas of the screen. Any suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a second screenshot. I have now turned of the lower 8 images leaving only the top one. I have started to move it off the invisible stack (not quite sure how I got it moving) but you can see the image is disappearing and a blank field remains. What I want is for the entire image to move off the stack intact. Then I can move eack of the remaining images to different locations on my screen until I have nine images visible at one time on the screen.

screenshot-2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines