• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The pen pressure doesn't work

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 21.2.2 and even if the shape dynamic is on, the pen pressure doesn't work. I turn on the window ink function, added the PSUserConfig.txt file and the pen pressure works fine in others apps. 

I have Window 10 and I use a Veikk A15 tablet.

I don't know what to do anymore. Does someone has a solution?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.2.2 has Pen support issued revert to Photoshop version 21.0.3

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.2.1 also still works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really Adobe broke WinTab Support in 21.1 updated. If you configure windows Photoshop and your Tablet  to use Wintab API you will have issues with tools like the poly lasso tool when you use your pen not you mouse to use the tool.  Photoshop always has issues when you use Windows INK API all the Issues are not in Photoshop they are in Windows INK support.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn on Windows Ink then you must remove PSUserConfig.txt in order to get pen pressure.

Currently you are setting your tablet to use Windows Ink and using PSUserConfig to tell Photoshop not to use Windows Ink.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I tried that. There are more problems with the latest update. There are many bugs in the latest version 21.2.2

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-pen-tablet-windows-ink?topic-reply-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you do you have the Windows INK issues. On Windows its best to use 21.0.3 and WinTab.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues I am having on both my PC as laptop are when I'm cloning and healing. These are acting very strange. Sometimes you just get straight strokes when you brushing and you do not see what you are cloning. Using the mouse everything works fine so it's a problem with tablet integration.  I do not have any problems in 21.2.1 I'm using at the moment. I do not have time to do further testing because of deadlines. 

If you need to switch of Windows Ink in the tablet settings then it's fine. If on that's fine too. It just needs to work fine.

It seems Capture One and photoshop needs Windows Ink on to have pen pressure and everything is working fine. I renamed the PsUserConfig.txt so it is not used anymore. I just have problems in 21.2.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has always been issues using Windows INK and Adobe broke Photoshop WinTabs support in the 21.1 update.  You Should use Photoshop 21.0.3 and WinTab till Adobe fixes Photoshop. I think its going to take some time.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I revert to Photoshop 21.2.1 and dislab Window ink on my tablet driver while keeping PSUserConfig.txt and it woks fine now. Thank you all so much for your replies, it really help a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines