• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The photoshop update is constantly freezing and crashing when accessing image adjustments

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photoshop update is constantly freezing and crashing when accessing image adjustments. Anyone else having issues with the latest update? It's happened every time I've used the app and as a working designer it is infuriating to lose all my work multiple times. I've never had this issue with photoshop before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe is aware of this and is working on a fix.

In the meanwhile, use one of these workarounds:
  • Disable Rulers (CMD+R on Mac, Ctrl+R on Win)
    or
  • Move the Adjustment dialog outside of Photoshop’s workspace/interface before touching any sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, updated last night since I was actually having other crashing issues - those were solved with the update, but now I am unable to do any image adjustments without the program suddenly becoming unresponsive.

Turning off rulers & moving the sliders out of the workspace does seem to work, though I am hoping they resolve this issue soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As jane-e mentioned Adobe is aware of the issue and considering how embarrassing the issue seems to be I suspect it will indeed be addressed »soon« – but based the release history I think you should expect it to take months rather than weeks for a fix to be released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other option is to use adjustment layers

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And did the current work-arounds (hiding rulers, moving dialog off image) work for you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem too. It`s so annoying, but I´m happy to find the solution with the rulers here.  I hope, Adobe will fix it soon! I restarted Photoshop and my computer for several times now because I have to do a lot of coloring work. Thank you so much for this support, I can go on 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines