The "Duplicate" command is not currently available

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an Action: Duplicate Layer, High Pass Filter, Overlay Blend and Merge Layers.
When I activate Batch Command it tells me error "The Duplicate command is not currently available"

Why?

Thanks 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The "Duplicate" command is not currently available

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an Action: Duplicate Layer, High Pass Filter, Overlay Blend and Merge Layers.
When I activate Batch Command it tells me error "The Duplicate command is not currently available"

Why?

Thanks 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may help to post a screenshot of the layers panel and or describe the layer structure. A screenshot of the action panel with all steps fully expanded could also be good. Do all of the files contain the same layer structure and names? Can you process the same files using the action outside of the Batch command?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be for several reasons. Image mode must support layers and another reason can be that none of layers is selected. Each step in action is independent, can be executed on its own but many steps has some requirements like Duplicate layer, for example, which has requirement that some layer is seleted in the layers panel.

See suggestion by @Stephen_A_Marsh and post requested screenshot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 1