« The working disks are overloaded »

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I would need some information
These days when I use the Photoshop 2021 application, when I select any tool the application gives me a very annoying error message saying "The working disks are overloaded" I go to inquire on the internet and I do not do not really understand the source of the problem apart from the fact that it is necessary to allocate more ram to the application (but I am on Mac Air Catalina os) so my ram is quite limited, around 7000mb (I am not really a professional in this domain) But I don't understand the problem and yet I know that a lot of artists and professionals use your services on macOS. In addition, the application takes a lot of time to do certain tasks such as enlarging an image. I then checked my storage on my mac on 250go I have 100go left so I don't know if Photoshop needs a NASA computer or whatever, but on the other software of the Adobe suite none is causing me this kind of problems not even Premiere Pro. This problem becomes very annoying because I cannot work in such conditions I would really like to have more help on this matter Thanks.

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a scratch disk issue.

Photoshop uses disk space as temporary storage, over and above the space in RAM. The scratch disk space requirement can be quite high and range from around 5GB on start up to several 100GB when working with large files.

You can choose which hard disk Photoshop uses for the temporary scratch file in Preferences >Scratch Disk and you should set it to a disk with at least 100GB free space, preferably more. Check in Preferences >Scratch disk to see how much free space you have with Photoshop running.

If you only have one disk and Photoshop sees less than 100GB free space then you need to free up some space by deleting temporary files and moving file storage to a separate disk.

Dave

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines