• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There isn't enough room to display this document => bug !

LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read all topics about this problem and tried all solutions. Some helped but only in specific scenarios they are no options for me. There was not mentioned (at least for me) REAL cause of this error so I am creating new topic. I hope it is more helpful...

All proposed default Ps workspaces have tools panels docked to left margin of screen. It is why they let you to open files in normal size. When you dock your Tools panel to right margin of screen all is okey too. Any panel, however docked or not to any other or margin does not make difference. All works still good. Problem occurs only when you undock your Tools panel from left/right margin of screen. If you move it few centimeters from left margin all is still fine, but always when you move it farer to right side of screen (and from up) an created/opened document will minimalize its size due to Tools panel distance from left screen margin. If additionally you dock your Tools panel to any other panel that is not docked to left/right margin of screen (but moved to specific location in your Ps workspace) error is going to occur while creating/opening document.

This is of course bug! The only I can do is to turn off Tools panel what is ridicolous solution or else dock it to right Ps screen margin what doesn't satisfy me too for reason It covers too much space along with other panels I keep as small as possible.

This is my first day with CC 19.1. So far i used CS6 for few years. From that I read prior CC versions doesn't have this bug yet.

Since I use specific panels location I can't work with this bug. I'm going to use CS6 until next CC update that fix this problem.

That's really funny first action, opening file I did in newest Ps after relocating panels (including Tools) ended up with error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

This should be fixed now in Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4). Crossing fingers that you still don't see it Marek. Let us know.

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kukurykus  wrote

Problem occurs only when you undock your Tools panel from left/right margin of screen.

farer to right side of screen (and from up) an created/opened document will minimalize its size due to Tools panel distance from left screen margin.

Is that the Left or Right side of screen the tool bar is dock too.  That if I undock the tool bar leave if floating and move it up and to the right side of my display .  If I then open a file or a new document that it will open a minimal size because of the location of my Tool bar.  Are you using a Mac.  I do not see that happening on my windows system.  I would write it could have been opened in a larger window then it was opened in. I would not write the windows was mineralize. It is strange as how the size it does open as changes very strangle depending on where the tool bar is positions. Seems to change randomly

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually no matter where tools bar is on screen. When it's undoced and enough moved from left or any distance from right then opened/created document will be automatically smaller than used to be. Additionally when you move toolbar to bottom of screen an error message is going to pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

strange for sure its most likely a bug.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 10, but I guess it's problem of Mac's too. Size of Image Window depends on "Tools" bar location. It's worth of adding that when you additionally choose 'Fit to Screen' from 'View' option it's going to move window to bottom of screen. Ah my topic There isn't enough room to display this document. | Photoshop Family Customer Community got InProgress status however not answered by any moderator, but still the more users leave there feedback we have more chance Adobe will do something with, especially that other topics from last several days weren't honored by in-progress status

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter where I have the tools palette, the image opens at 50%, not 100% even though there is ample space for it (all of my other palettes are open on my MacBook, main screen is the external 27"). Thanks Kukurykus​ for trying to help, but it's still not working.

test.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you didn't understand my post or there is some other problem in your case. So let me explain what I suppose you're doing wrong what I'm seeying from your posted images.

All Tools bar positions (beside last picture as I don't see it there at all) are NOT docked to right / left margin of Ps workspace.

For ex. on 1st and 2nd image you keep Tools bar on left side, but they are not docked to that side, just put as close as could.

Dock them to left margin and problem should be gone. Of course that is solution for people who don't mind their Tools are docked to left / right margin, but not if somone like in all previous photoshop versions put it anywhere on screen undocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the first two photos it is docked. I dragged the tools palette to the edge of the screen, the edge of the screen turns blue and "docks". I don't know what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey then. It seems visually our screens differs. If I set in preferences Color Theme to black then everything is black, while in your case only background, but panels stay white for some reason. Additionally I see that your 'Tools' bar is not fit that black left panel but is wider. For me Tools bar starts from the most top point (so where options are) and ends at bottom of screen and has on all its length the same width. In your case I see it ends with last tool. I tried to reproduce that scene you posted but I do not see any options in preferences to do that. The only situation Tools bar can be shorter is when I change screen mode to 'Full Screen mode with Menu Bar' but from your icon on Tools bar I know you don't have it set, but regular one.

I use Windows, you Macintosh, so maybe that apperance is specific for your operation System. Anyway can you check the problem occurs also when your Tools bar is docked to left margin, but like in my case has on its all length the same width?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have no container set (I have always hated that feature). What you see is my desktop which is black. This is MacOS. This is something that has started to happen relatively recently. I had another issue that I thought was part of it, where the photo/image would open up like this (smaller than full), but then when I would press the F key to go full screen, it would open cropped. I deleted all of my preferences and fixed that issue, but not the open at 50% (or smaller than fully allowed size).

Weird.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 10.58.30 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with one screen, and use container (however it's default and I even didn't know that option is changable?). After all it's good you encountered same problem with other settings as now it seems to be serious bug Adobe should take care of. My original post wasn't of course to show what to do to fix it or make workaround, but show this is bug there can't be done anything in case of user specific workspaces (where Tools bar is unbound to screen edge but positioned somewhere else, or like I see in your example docked but not contained in its panel/bar). If you want to speed up Adobe attempts to restore old good behaviour please post in a topic I created on their website where users inform of Photoshop bugs. If they won't notice many of us posting there the bug won't be removed. If you have time mention of your specific problem with Tools bar too:

There isn't enough room to display this document. | Photoshop Family Customer Community (it got IN PROGRESS status)

I see that Nicollet​ from Adobe staff was looking yestarday reason of this problem, probably now she found it out (reply 29):

There isn't enough room to display this document error code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you- I was running out of things to try. This worked! Hopefully they’ll fix this bug soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you thank me for that I showed why this bug happens, or reported it on bug forums? If you want them to remove it, join me Photoshop: There isn't enough room to display this document | Photoshop Family Customer Community as now there is only me (Windows) and some other guy who disappeared (Mac), while other one just got similar problem, from users who complain at this thing, since edge-docked Tools panel can not be workaround for us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to say this bug though met few weeks before my post still exists in 19.1.2 I just posted it in bug forums: Photoshop: There isn't enough room to display this document | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh  my gosh thank you so much for this.  I docked my toolbar all the way to the left and voila - the issue is FIXED.  This was driving me nuts.  Thank you thank you thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appriciate you clicked a link in my post (above yours) and reported it happens also for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through all 12 pages and found THIS -  docked the toolbar to left and yes, it works.

Every time Adobe changes something there are frustrating bugs.  So frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like people are glad of some workarounds instead of focusing on what's causing a bug to report it I just see more and more users just mark those workarounds as useful. If they all would report it in no time as well then there wouldn't be next ones who surely will read through twelve (and more pages) to find why that happens For now that I noticed Adobe did not take this bug to their list of priorities, since 'all' sort of other ones were fixed with last update but not this one yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we ever going to see an update that fixes this problem?  Between the "not enough room" issue and images opening at 1-3% in size, etc., this has been extremely annoying and a detriment to my productivity.  Yes, there are work arounds, but I want my preferred workspace back.  Dammit, Adobe, do something!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In one week we can celebrate 3rd month birthday of this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure some bugs will outlive humans.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed now in Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4). Crossing fingers that you still don't see it Marek. Let us know.

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 3 months if finally works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines