Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thick handles on crop tool

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Regarding the annoying thick middle handle and corners on the crop tool of the 2020 update.

Is there any method to reduce size of those handles ? 

*. Updated method is nice than classic method. wondering about thick handles. 

Looking for favourable solution. 

Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hello, Photoshop 22; that has just been released today, does have fix the large crop handles as seen in its fixed issues list https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues 

I recommend to install it while keeping the older version installed, as explained in: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

If you are not seeing it, go to help>check for updates in your CC application.

I think it is better than to use th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only option is to use the classic crop mode, which you can set by clicking on the gear icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for responce.

while im working with many web specs with huge quantity of images I would like to use 2020 updated tool. Classic mode is more hard to use. Thats why im looking for a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too prefer the newer crop tool as opposed the classic one but I would prefer not to have such thick handles. I find they really get in the way with precise crops where I want to be able to see outside the crop box as a reference point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem is that it’s hard to see what’s under the thick handle you’re dragging, it’s also possible to drag any of the thin crop rectangle edges on its own, away from any handle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Photoshop 22; that has just been released today, does have fix the large crop handles as seen in its fixed issues list https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues 

I recommend to install it while keeping the older version installed, as explained in: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

If you are not seeing it, go to help>check for updates in your CC application.

I think it is better than to use the classic mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be at odds with everyone else here, I liked the larger handles and liked them on the outside of the area, is there any way to get them back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Updated already. 

anyhow famillier to handle large crop egdes too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines