• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This is one of the most inane messages I have ever seen. And I have seen a few.

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crb42_0-1615262065415.png

Well, I could not understand this message because I could not understand it.  Your turn.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Hi,

The .mp4 file extension means the file is a container for a video format within it. The actual video within it can use a variety of codecs, i.e methods of encoding the video. The error message is stating that either the video is coded using a codec that cannot be opened by the codecs included in Photoshop or the file is corrupt.

Try opening it with Handbrake, or similar, and if it can be opened, re-encoding it as h.264 within the .mp4 container

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?
Assuming the file is not corrupt (can it be played in another video application?)
Do one of the following:

• To open a video file directly, choose File > Open.

• To import video into an open document, choose Layer > Video Layers > New Video Layer From File.

If you can't import, it try resetting your Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The .mp4 file extension means the file is a container for a video format within it. The actual video within it can use a variety of codecs, i.e methods of encoding the video. The error message is stating that either the video is coded using a codec that cannot be opened by the codecs included in Photoshop or the file is corrupt.

Try opening it with Handbrake, or similar, and if it can be opened, re-encoding it as h.264 within the .mp4 container

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the responses.  You are correct.  It is an h.265 video.  I just thought it was a funny message.

chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines