Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

three hour of work not saved...

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,

in two day aer last upgrade i'work on big file in photohop and illustrator, I've saved, I've savede three versions of my work and I HAVEN'T ANY FILE SAVED, the last save version is four hour old?? That's inaccettable! I have system required correct and I work every day with this mac, You continue uprgrade for nothing and the BASE function to SAVE do not work?? We pay 50€ a month for that?? I can't accept it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind sharing some more details about this?
Do you get any errors when you try to save a file through Photoshop?

Also, which version of Photoshop and the operating system are you working on?
Please try some basic troubleshooting steps mentioned here and let us know if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to add more information – which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

What happens when you try and save a document?

Have you had your graphics card checked?

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your recent files to make sure you are opening the latest version saved. You may have inadvertently saved to another location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see other's responses regarding share more information. The first thing that I'd double-check is to confirm where your "saved" file is being saved and make sure that by chance you are missing that.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned working on a Mac. If you have Time Machine active you may be able to find a version of the file there particularly if you know the folder where those saved files would be located. Try today's date and the last few recent dates when you worked on this project. Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In 15 years of using Photoshop professionally, 8 hours a day, I have never lost a file (or file iteration) because it didn't save correctly.

I have, however, accidentally saved to the wrong location a lot of times. If the file isn't where I expect it to be, it's somewhere else. Always.

If you catch this right away, just initiate a new save and see where it wants to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines