• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Three troubleshooting requests for help....

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to ask, but am an old-school Photoshop guy. I just bought the newest version.

1. Really struggling to find the Quick Selection (Magic Wand Tool), 

2. My layers menu is ghosted out so I can't create background duplicate layers.

3. I want to have all my layers in view on my project panels, but can't figure out how. 

Otherwise, I'm doing my best to learn the new program. Please respond with links/contact information for additional support when troubleshooting Adobe Photoshop.  

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.   🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

1. Quick select is in the toolbar as shown. If you don't see it click and hold on the same slot and you will see alternative tools that share that slot. If you still don't see it, go to Edit, toolbar and reset the toolbar

2021-04-05_11-49-27.jpg

2. If your layers menu items are ghosted, what is the image mode? If it is indexed change it to RGB.

3. I'm not sure I understand the question. Layers should be visible in the layers panel, if you don';t see that can you add a screenshot.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Please post a screenshot of your Toolbar. By default the Magic Wand Tool and Quick Selction Tool share a field and a shortcut (W), so what happens if you click that field and keep clicked?

2) Again: Screenshot please.

What are the image’s color Mode and bit depth?

3) What do you mean by »project panels«? The document window itself, some other Panels, …?  

Edit: Just saw that Dave already posted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»Please respond with links/contact information for additional support when troubleshooting Adobe Photoshop.«

See this 

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/photoshop.html

and Photoshop has a search field in the Options Bar now (the magnifying glass-icon). 

Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 13.00.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines