Highlighted

Thunderbolt 3 hub for photography / video professional on 2019 MacBook Pro

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this isn't about Photoshop per se, but it does relate to the hardware for running Photoshop, Premier and all the external USB 3 Gen 2 and thunderbolt 3 devices we all use.

Like many of us, I'm running off a MacBook Pro, in my case a 2019 16". 4 Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C inputs and I have more devices than that to connect. Even where I can daisy chain Thundebolt 3, I just don't have enough inputs for the Thunderbolt devices I have nor the USB A or C, not to mention ethernet and external monitor, and I'm getting tired of buying hubs just to have them overheat, fail or just not provide the inputs I need and instead have lots of bloat ports such as SD ports. 

Does anyone have recommendations for a hub that will either give me at minimum 100W power through (MBP's require 100W) and ideally at least one additional Thunderbolt port, plus at least 2 USB A, 2-3 USB-C (3.2 Gen 2) and ideally Ethernet and either Mini Display or HDMI for an external monitor.

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Thunderbolt 3 hub for photography / video professional on 2019 MacBook Pro

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this isn't about Photoshop per se, but it does relate to the hardware for running Photoshop, Premier and all the external USB 3 Gen 2 and thunderbolt 3 devices we all use.

Like many of us, I'm running off a MacBook Pro, in my case a 2019 16". 4 Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C inputs and I have more devices than that to connect. Even where I can daisy chain Thundebolt 3, I just don't have enough inputs for the Thunderbolt devices I have nor the USB A or C, not to mention ethernet and external monitor, and I'm getting tired of buying hubs just to have them overheat, fail or just not provide the inputs I need and instead have lots of bloat ports such as SD ports. 

Does anyone have recommendations for a hub that will either give me at minimum 100W power through (MBP's require 100W) and ideally at least one additional Thunderbolt port, plus at least 2 USB A, 2-3 USB-C (3.2 Gen 2) and ideally Ethernet and either Mini Display or HDMI for an external monitor.

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0

Have something to add?