Highlighted

TIFF files saving very slow compare to PSD

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since about two months, after an update, when I save my TIFF files, when ready retouching it, it became ridiculously slow. Saving stands at 99% for a minute or so, it takes minutes to save even a small 150-300mb, 8 bit files too! Now I tried to go with PSD format - I jump from LR to PS to retouch my portraits -, and it is as quick, as it was before, a few seconds. 

Why it is so slow to save in TIFF? Compression also on with PSD! I didn't change any settings in a long time, and it became slow, don't know why.

I work on Mac, up-to-date PS, 21.2.1. 

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

TIFF files saving very slow compare to PSD

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since about two months, after an update, when I save my TIFF files, when ready retouching it, it became ridiculously slow. Saving stands at 99% for a minute or so, it takes minutes to save even a small 150-300mb, 8 bit files too! Now I tried to go with PSD format - I jump from LR to PS to retouch my portraits -, and it is as quick, as it was before, a few seconds. 

Why it is so slow to save in TIFF? Compression also on with PSD! I didn't change any settings in a long time, and it became slow, don't know why.

I work on Mac, up-to-date PS, 21.2.1. 

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suffer from the same issue. I don't recall it starting until after updated to 21.2.1 last week. It just took 2 min 45 seconds to save a file I'd consider mid-sized to my internal SSD. The progress bar slowly creeping along. However, I have experienced progress remaining on 99% for quite some time more than once on past saves. The document size shown in the lower-left is 146.3M/592.8M. In comparision, many of the files I save are well over 1 GB and used to save in less than 15 seconds. It does not occur everytime, but enough to frustrate me when it does. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0