• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timelapse

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a timelapse in Photoshop CC 2020.  This is everything that I did:

- Edit and export files as jpg in Lightroom Classic

- Open Photoshop 2020 in "Video" workspace

- Open files as sequence in Photoshop 2020 

- Render video

And then all that happens is it just hangs during the "Initializing Video Export".  It never gives me any options for the video.  Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, this is the first time I'm trying to make a timelapse in Photoshop.  I know it probably takes time to render video, but it has been hanging for about 1 hour.  Only other program I am running is Safari. 

Anyone have any thoughts?

Equipment:

iMac 2019 27" 5k Retina

128 Gb RAM

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel i9

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8GB

macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Thanks for your help, I ended up spending a few hours with Adobe online help, they did a few uninstall then reinstalls of Photoshop, but ultimately they uninstalled the entirety of creative cloud and erased all the folders and files that remain manually and then did a reinstall.  Now it works...along with a video issue I had with Lightroom...for now.  Hopefully I don't have to do that, because I can't remember everything that they did! hahah

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long is the video?

Your size in px is HUGE.

Depending on how large the file is it could take a very long time to respond and render.

The video editing is nice in PS and all, but its no Premiere or After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video should only be 10secs (300 photos, 30fps).  Unfortunately I don't have Premiere or After Effects.  So if I crop this photo down to a more manageable size it should go a little smoother?  Any idea how much smaller I should make the photo? I guess I didn't really crop the photo in Lightroom, just changed the "image quality" down to 20.  Do you suggest resizing the photo to...say 1920x1080?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pixel dimensions and length directly affect how fast your renders and responsiveness will be.

Try a smaller size and see how long it takes then increase as tolerable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think its the file size.  I reduced the px to 1280x720 and after 2.5hrs it still did not go beyond the "Initializing Video Export" dialog box.  Also had a buddy try on a Macbook Pro and that was able to render the video in about 1 mins while also exporting images in lightroom.  I also tried uniinstalling and reinstalling Photoshop 2020 no luck.  Do you have any other ideas or options I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your PS preferences - hold down Shift+Cntrl+Opt+Cmd when starting up. It should ask if you want to delete your prefs. Say yes.

See if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, I ended up spending a few hours with Adobe online help, they did a few uninstall then reinstalls of Photoshop, but ultimately they uninstalled the entirety of creative cloud and erased all the folders and files that remain manually and then did a reinstall.  Now it works...along with a video issue I had with Lightroom...for now.  Hopefully I don't have to do that, because I can't remember everything that they did! hahah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im assuming they uninstalled the apps using the Adobe uninstallers - removing the prefs as well. Then they ran the CC Cleaner tool to remove any supporting files. Then reinstalled.

If you are having the same issue in Lightroom - it sounds like you had a bad install all the way around that effected your video codecs perhaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes they did that, but they also manually moved some files and folders into the trash...though to be honest I can't remember if they did that before or after using the CC Cleaner tool.  The thing is my lightroom issue worked at first and then one day just stopped.  Same thing happened to my laptop, which I am experiencing the same video rendering issue I was on my desktop.  My Lightroom issue was it just stopped importing videos and playing videos, never had a problem before and then all of a sudden one day it just stopped.  But will see, I'm going to try and do a clean sweep on my laptop and see if I can take care of it myself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines