Highlighted

Tips for moving selection of multiple layers?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so let's say I have 2 separate layers shown here: https://imgur.com/a/V8QcsOf
Photoshop has never allowed us to select the bottom part of both circles simultaneously and just move them at the same time. Is there any good work around or something I'm missing?

0D02D608-90D8-45FF-A9FF-CA92BEC8537C.png

[Image moved to post so others won't have to click external link.]

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tips for moving selection of multiple layers?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so let's say I have 2 separate layers shown here: https://imgur.com/a/V8QcsOf
Photoshop has never allowed us to select the bottom part of both circles simultaneously and just move them at the same time. Is there any good work around or something I'm missing?

0D02D608-90D8-45FF-A9FF-CA92BEC8537C.png

[Image moved to post so others won't have to click external link.]

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what about Edit/Copy Merged?

Also you can great an action

Regards

E

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, the only way you're going to be able to do that is by either making a merged copy, then using the selection to move the copy, or by creating an alpha channel to save the selection, the using ctrl/cmd-shift-J with the selection to put that part of the layer in the selection on a new layer, then using the channel to reload the selection and doing the same on the second layer. As mentioned above, an action would make it faster and easier. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0