• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To small menues in Photoshop on 4K monitor?

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to buy an Eizo ColorEdge CS2740 4K, 27 ". Now I wonder if Adobe has fixed so that the menus in Photoshop can be seen or if they get so small that they are barely visible

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running the latest OS and Photoshop versions Adobe Photoshop UI scaling should be used on displays that have high resolution PPI. I would think a 27" 4K display would need a 150% scaling factor for its PPI is 163 where most old displays have a resolution around 100 ppi which is good the Photoshop UI .  Scaling a 163 PPI 150% would display Photoshop UI like the display had a 108 PPI resolution. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has supported 4K since CC2014, and it became fully streamlined around 2018 or so, with incremental UI scaling picked up from the OS setting.

However, a lot of posters here seem to be still stuck on the 8 year old CS6 - if you're one of them, the answer is no. Then you need to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help. Bought an Eizo ColorEdge CG2730 instead of an Eizo ColorEdge CS2740. I am very pleased with my new monitor and can really recommend it to anyone using Photoshop on their computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines