• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Todays Update Issue

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop updated to the newest release and stopped working. I worked at it for a while and unistalled and tried a fresh install, but the program would no longer open. It keeps hanging up at reading preferences. I was able to get it to open by ending everything in my task manager that was tied to Adobe.

Read on the fourms about the update and unistalled and re-installed an older version. It is back to working at least, but now take 3 to 4 minutes to open where as before it was less than a minute.

Just a heads up. Try stopping everything in your task manager that has the word Adobe. (That worked for me opening the newest update but I had to do that everytime I wanted to open PS.) Or do what I did and try an older version.

Hope they fix this quickly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue v22.3. Had the issue with v22.2 but adobe support were werer able to reduce start-up time from over 4 minutes to about 30sec. As time progressed start-up times grew again. With 22.3 the open recent images is sometimes, but not always greyed out. Very frustrating. I've reverted to v21.2.6 which works for me - start-up time is < 8sec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you guys tell us what operating systems you are using, in case it is OS related.  I have not updated myself, and it sounds like Andrew is using Windows (same as me), so I might hold off.

If you read this and have 22.3 working without issues, then please tell us what OS you are using.  If you are not sure what version you have, then open Photoshop (if able) and go Help > About Photoshop

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Prof x(64). Windows software was updated to current in early
Feb 2021.

I have reverted PS Version: 21.2.6 20210302.r.482 2021/03/02: aadb5d0fea7
x64 which works with no issues.

Cheers
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core I7-4790K @ 4GHz

RAM 16 GB

NVIDIA GTX 970

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure whats happening. Rarely had any bother with Photoshop monthly subscription but now after a PS update the program loads but none of the tools work and I cant even load recent photos. I get  this error message and thats it . Game over , I have to come out. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but I continue to get the error message. Also that really annoying having to log in each time I load PS has disappeared. When loading it goes straight to the program but its unusable. I have a windows 10 OS. Has anybody any ideas please

default0pftr5jgng94_0-1615726888284.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please report 22.3 bugs to the product developers here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/ 

Until the 22.3 bugs are fixed, you can revert to 22.2 using the Creative Cloud app.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

Just letting you know that I have successfully uninstalled the latest (up to date) version of PS and installed the earlier version as you suggested and that seems to be working ok.

Thank you

Wayne Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back, @default0pftr5jgng94 . I've also kept 22.2 after reading about all the bugs introduced in 22.3. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines