• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggle Before and After in Photoshop

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PS a lot more these days but was wondering if there is some keystroke that allows you to toggle from a before view of the image to the image after you have made changes---side by side.  In Lightroom, I make my changes and you merely hit the Y key and you get a before view on the left pane and an after view on the right pane.  Is there something similar in Photoshop?  If not, what do you people use to quickly check changes short of toggling the eye switch on a give level?  Any ideas or suggestions?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually just step back and forth in the history panel. The default has a snapshot of the document as opened at the top (additional snapshots can be added) so flicking between that and the current position shows me the impact of all the changes.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally when I am editing an image, I always duplicate the image twice. I lock and turn off the first duplicate and edit the second one.

I can then easily jump back and fourth to see my changes.

If you are working with several layers, move the first duplicated layer to the top and then turn on/off to see changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks--so as I suspected the Lightroom "Y" toggle isn't going to cut it in Photoshop---I guess it was more difficult to code for Photoshop---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use the Undo command to step back and forth to see how your changes fare against your original...Toggle Cmd-Z to Undo, then Cmd-Z to redo.

It's simple and fast!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for the same but couldn't find it. I generally use (hold alt + click on the eye icon of the original layer) to see before and after. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the one!! At least for me. Wanting to see before and after of all edits, not just one specific edit. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines