• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggle off stop command dialog

Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating my action, I inserted a stop. When I run the action, when it gets to the stop command, I get this dialog: "A command was cancelled or stopped while batching. Continue with next file or stop? I've tried everything but can't turn this thing off!!!  I've tried deselecting the little box next to my "stop" command but it doesn't stop the dialog. Please see my attached screenshot for reference. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on checkmark in front of step to disapear and to exclude that step from playing or delete step by dragging it onto trash can.

exclude step.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't want the step not to play, only to keep that message from continually popping up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me ask you something before any other explanation: what is purpose of stop step which is invisible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so I can do some modifications on the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop is not needed for anything else bside to inform abut something like which action to take or that something is finished or upcoming. If you do not need message/information to see or the way to stop playing action at that point simply exclude that step as explained above and everything will work just fine without stop step. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kindly for trying to help me, but I think you may be misunderstanding. My issue is that I need to do some work on the image, and that is why I need the stop. When I attempt to run the action, I get a dialog box that pops up with only two options: "stop", which stops the action completely and no other files are opened from the folder. And the other is "continue", which moves to the next image in the folder before allowing me to do the necessary modifications.

So for this to work, I need to pause the action, make my adjustments and then resume to the next image. Nothing I have tried fixes the problem!

Does this make sense? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not use Stop to pause then to resume playing action when batch processing files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can do that but the problem is that when I run a batch of files and hit "stop" on the first one that opens, it stops running the batch and the rest of the files don't open.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not getting it. So far you know that action can not be paused during batch process, do you agree?

If you can not pause action during batch then stop step in your case is not required, right? Actually it serves nothing beside to display dialogue which you do not want to see. Why don't you listen my suggestion to exclude that step from action?

If you still want to have stop step in your action then turn modal control on what will display dialogue or message during batch process. Do you see dialogue when running action with Continue and Stop options? Click Continue and action will continue playing plus batch will not be interupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried eliminating the stop but then the batch just runs and I don't have
a chance to work on the images. Does this make sense?

--
*Bill Morley*

"Let Me Tell Your Story..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can work with image using steps which are recorded into action including steps with dialogues where you can change values. Perhaps you are new with actions and you do not quite understand what is purose of actions in Photoshop? Actions are excellent way to automate boring and repetitive tasks. Actions have some limitations which are further expanded when running batch process as you have realized. For example: when running batch process you can not pause action and batch process to work with image then to resume playing action and to resume batch process. However, when running single action you can pause or stop playing it then to resume playing after some time and after doing modifications to the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use a stop in a batch operation. You'll have to run the action one file at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it sounds like I'll have to create a specific action to open from a
specified folder, correct?

--
*Bill Morley*

"Let Me Tell Your Story..."

216-524-2524
Visit My Website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the stop step in the action, then recreate the Batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh.  I have the same problem.  I wish to have a batch with a stop for human editing then continue on. It would be such a huge time saver.

Adobe please make this possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try here https://feedback.photoshop.com/ this is user to user forum while other is monitored by Adobe developers and employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also looking exactly for the same thing... for a hugh 600 pictures anonimazation process. 
Any workaround so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines