Highlighted

Tools Panel

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I close a tool in the tools panel after I've finished using it?

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tools Panel

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I close a tool in the tools panel after I've finished using it?

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't "close" tools, you simply switch to another tool. You might want to read the online help on such basics. If for some reason tools "get stuck", which has been known to happen, then you have to provide technical info about your system, your version of PS, your input devices and so on so people can help you figure out what the issue may be.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just expanding on what @Mylenium has already stated.

The "default" tool in Photoshop is the Move Tool. It sits at the top of the Tools panel and has the keyboard shortcut of "v". When you are finished using different tools you could get into the habit of tapping the "v" key.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tab key closes/opens the tools panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0