• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop top menu bar is missing (File, Edit, Image..)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer see the top Application Menu (File, Edit, etc.).  Running Win 10, 64 bit on an old HP Pavillion i5 with AMD Radeon HD 6300m Series (version 15.201.1151.1008) & Intel HD Graphics (version 8.15.10.2900).  In an attempt to fix, I disabled Intel Graphics but computer went black.  Rebooted and AMD Radeon driver had a big ! and had been disabled by windows.  So I turned Intel Graphics back on.  Hoping someone has a solution to make the Menu reappear.  If not, is there a way I can go back to previous version?

Thank you

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Thanks All,

It took a few days and its not perfect but I have a workaround. Apparently it doesnt like duel graphics cards. If I go into device manager and disable one of them then I can run Photoshop with no issues. Just means I have to keep disabling and enabling a graphics card but at least I can carry on with my work for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

@tmpnsan @I found this previous answer on an earlier conversation. Maybe it will help you

For AMD users, those who don't want to update their drivers. Here is the solution:

1. open Adobe Photoshop, minimize it

2. Right click on desktop, open AMD Radeon settings,

3. go to preferences,

4. Click radeon additional settings

5. Click tab switchable graphics application settings

6. In recent application

7. Use drop down menu to change 

Photoshop.exe and

Adobe spaces helper.exe to power saving

Now restart the ado

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 131 Replies 131
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the missing menu bar. Please check out the conversation here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2020-menu-bar-missing/5f5f462c4b561...

Please let us know if the suggested solution helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Workspace looks like its messed upped try resetting it see if the Tool option bar and Tool Bar Dock to Photoshop's window frame.

PS.jpg

Capture.jpg

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought was, "video driver." (It's always the video driver...well...*most* of the time.)

Definitely check out the thread Nikunj linked to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks All,

It took a few days and its not perfect but I have a workaround. Apparently it doesnt like duel graphics cards. If I go into device manager and disable one of them then I can run Photoshop with no issues. Just means I have to keep disabling and enabling a graphics card but at least I can carry on with my work for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay, glad to see you have it sorted! 🙂

From what I understand, the reason for dual graphics adapters are for devices such as laptops, presumably to save on battery power when the extra power isn't required. Is this your case? If it were me, I'd just leave the weaker GPU disabled and deal with the power drain. That's just me, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick solution 

Go to power options. 

Use balanced.

Go to change plan settings 

Restore settings for this plan.

This worked for me.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have same experience, but I don't think it safe that way, it way bigger for me. This is frustrating 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines