• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tops of images/graphics/text are cut off in Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a weird problem that started somewhere in the last few updates to Photoshop CC.

I do a lot of GIF'd party flyers. For some reason, Photoshop is slicing off the top of my graphics & occasionally text boxes. The only fix is if I move the image and then drag it back in place. It's as if there is an invisible boundary box that is cutting off the top of certain text boxes/graphic/etc.

Example:

circle graphic that is cut off:

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 2.04.31 AM.png

same graphic, just moved and then placed back in the same location:

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 2.04.51 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Hi

Try enabling this option and restarting Photoshop

enable legacy comp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option and restarting Photoshop

enable legacy comp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! cannot thank you enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, glad you got it sorted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged

I tried restarting twice after clicking legacy compositing and it's still not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue, but it says there no longer is the option to enable Legacy Compositing! Super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! 

Adobe any thoughts to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud allows you to go back to a previous version of Photoshop. Click on the 3 dots at the right hand side and then "Other Versions" and you can select how far back you want to go. I went back to v.22.0 and this problem was resolved. I'll wait for Adobe to sort things out before updating again.Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 17.18.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not worked for me it is still cutting off my text and I was hoping to use a certain font. It's making it impossible to finish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread. Can you tell us what version of Photoshop you're using? Does turning the GPU off help? (If the latter, try updating the GPU's drivers.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and it is literally driving me insane. All I want to do is make my logo in Illustrator, open it to size in Photoshop and it's cutting off the edge of my logo as I reduce sizes from 1000 pixels progressively down to 100 in different versions. 

It's maddening! I literally rent these programs for like just a few functions and this basic one is a fail! 

Photoshop 22.5.1 on a Macbook Air running Monterey 12.0.1 (but same problem on my MB Pro running previous versions of Mac OS). 

Saving Illustrator file as eps, then importing to Photoshop and saving as png. 

Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe gotten around to actually fixing this problem? Would be real nice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same problem today with the new update. The suggested solution (enable Legacy Compositing) is no longer available in the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try Deactivate Native Canvas and restart Photoshop, and if your stsem is getting on in years older GPU mode but I am not so sure they are a good fit for your issue if it's the same as in the top of this thread.  

image.png

Give them a go, and if no good, start a new thread and tell us:

Operating system and version? 

Photoshop version and if full release or beta?

Paste a full res screen shot of your entire workspace showing image and layers panel with the problem layer selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to add, that if the Preference changes do work, please let us know (in this thread).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preference changes don't have any effect. Problem persists. I'll post a new thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I didn't expect it to work in this case.  I'll look out for your new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines