• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch (Click) in Photoshop doesn‘t work anymore ?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have been using my Wacom Cintiq Pro for some time. But for some reason touch doesn't work anymore in Photoshop - at least not like it used to. I can still zoom in, etc. But I used to create and move layers with a touch of my finger instead of using a shortcut or the pen. Now when I click on it or click on open or click to create a new project it doesn't work. It will be selected so it kinda looks like I clicked it but nothing is happening. I can still click on Edit, Windows, Help and similar tabs. But I used to use touch like clicking with the pen or mouse. But clicks don't seem to be recognized as a mouse click anymore when I touch the tablet with my finger. I probably accidentally changed a setting but I don't really know what else to change. I tried different Windows settings, Wacom settings, and I have gestures on in PS (that's why I can still move the canvas around for example).

Any help would be much appreciated 🙂 

Thx 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem.  It seems like the touch of a finger is now seen as a 'hover over' by a cursor instead of registering as a click.  This is annoying since I used to be able to switch tools using a touch of my finger on the icons.  Now the only piece that really registers as a click appears to be the pen itself.

I've scoured the settings but I can't seem to find a setting to relate a finger touch back to the same action as a mouse click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on a mobile studio pro. Not sure how to fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, on a laptop with touch screen. Until recently I could click any button or click-sensitive area (like a layer, a layer's mask etc) with my finger, but now it just doesn't register anymore. Very annoying. If this is a setting that can be turned on/off, I'd like to know so I can give it the boot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suddenly having a similar problem. I have a Cintiq Pro and Engine. I used to be able to select and/or hide layers in Photoshop with a one-finger touch. But now I can't. I can select tools with one-finger touch. And some other things work with a one-finger touch. But not selecting layers. This has crippled my drawing because now I have to select and click on EVERYTHING with my pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cintiq touch and photoshop 2020 21.1.1 and I also have this problem whitch is annoying since windows reacts to touch normaly (I can open photoshop by taping icon but I cant open file inside photoshop or create new layer). If you'll find solution to this problem or have any new information pls post them in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem. Working on a Cintiq Pro 24. Photoshop ignores all taps. In the Layers tab, for example, I can scroll up and down, but can't select a layer or do any actions with it. So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANY LUCK ?! YET SAME ISSUES ON THE NEW CINTIQ I JUST BOUGHT.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this is the solution to your problem as I use a regular desktop but it worked for me. Go to the 'move tool' (4 arrows) and from there select 'auto-select'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines