Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch Gestures NOT Working Photoshop CS6, 2020, 2021

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST ENABLING GESTURE IN PREFERENCES / TOOLS

As the title says. Touch gestures are not working.  

YES they are enabled. I tried disabling, exiting, enabling them, exiting and nothing. 
I do not have a mouse, only a [inappropriate language removed by moderator] trackpad as this is on a laptop.

I have a touchscreen HP that pinch to zoom, 2 finger pan rotate, etc. all works fine in other applications and pinch to zoom even works in illustrator 2021. 

I simply cannot get pinch to zoom/touch to pan around to work with adobe photoshop 2021. 

Gpu drivers up to date and Use Graphics Processor is greyed out.  940MX 2gb

System specs

i7-7500U quad core
16gb ram
1tb nvme x4 not sata
15" 4k touchscreen with 10 multipoint capability
windows garbage 10 1903
latest nvidia drivers

any help would be appreciated as photoshop is the only reason i even have windows.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALSO

when i try to pinch to zoom it sometimes registers as if i click the canvas with a brush .. i end up with dots all over the place if i try to pinch to zoom over and over.. same thing when i try to pan around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem, including occasionally registering my pinch gesture as if I clicked the canvas with a brush.

Help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I thought maybe it was some setting that just not enabled or disabled when it updated to new version. I know with the zoom if you make sure zoom with scroll wheel is clicked it will zoom with gesture. But I am still having issues with it marking with the brush. If anyone else has a fix for that part would be amazing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling, reinstalling does not work.  Holding SHIFT while launching to bypass extensions also has no effect. Does not work with cs6, 2020, or 2021. Anyone at Adobe, please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same exact issue. I just got a brand new Alienware M15 and haven't been able to use pinch zoom/pan at the same time. If I enable Zoom with Scroll Wheel I can pinch zoom but can't pan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue. Keep looking for an update but none forthcoming so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touch gesture support I believe was added to Photoshop in CC 2014.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't you read the first sentence? Not everything can be solved with generic answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't be rude to volunteers, who are trying to help on this friendly forum. Express yourself more diplomatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not trying to solve anything. I was just pointing out the reality of the situation.  CS6 support ended over a decade ago before touch. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue, everytime photo shop updates new issues with no answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues. Metabox laptop, horizontal panning is reversed, pinch to zoom doesn't work, when I enable Zoom with Scroll Wheel I can't pan. It's making it very difficult to navigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact problem and it's extremely frustrating. Has anyone found a resolution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 does not have support for Touch  gestures that support was added to Photoshop CC 2014 you need to get over your frustration because CS6 will never support touch gestures. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically the latest photoshop and all the money it costs and it can't be used with touch gesture? That's stupid. So we now have to mess about rotating the intire laptop to be able to draw lines easier.

? All these extra functions adobe adds, I thought touch screen gestures would be top of the list. Instead you can add a fact smile or move eyes rather than just taking a better photo in the first place.

It feels like Adobe photoshop is aiming at instagram filter users rather than actual useful things such as being able to us gestures to zoom in and move around an image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Derek, I found that updating my graphics card drivers fixed my problem. I thought my drivers were up to date. (Using windows hardware and choose "update driver") Even though windows told me it was up to date, it was not. I had to go to my graphics card maker website to download the latest driver. Then like magic my touch gestures worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent Suzie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the title.

Touch Gestures NOT Working Photoshop CS6, 2020, 2021 

This problem persists driver updates, complete driver uninstall/reinstall, as well as system format/reinstall. All redistributables updated (ms runtimes etc.), tried precision drivers, wacom drivers, wintab drivers, every combination I can throw at it. Just doesnt seem to work. 

If you have constructive advice I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Photoshop user I use PC personal computers. I gave up on Mac's  years ago even though my ID is JJ Mack's.  Windows supports many Touch devices. Touch support does not seem to be consistent for I see differences between touch device  I use on Windows 10 when using Touch devices with versions of Photoshop.

I have two Windows Machine running Windows 10.  I have several version of Photoshop of installed on these PC.  However, on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 I only have Creative Cloud  Photoshop version that are CC 2014  or  newer installed.

On my Surface Pro 3 and may have up to three touch devices available for use. The Surface Pro 3 Touch Display, the surface Pro Keyboard's Touch Pad and  my Wacom Intous Pro small tablet connected via USB3 or via  wireless dongle.

The Surface Pro Touch Display Support seem to match up with Adobe's Photoshop touch gesture support documented at https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/touch.html .  However  the Touch Support I see for the Touch Pad and Wacom Tablets Intuos Pro tablet does not match Adobe documentation.

I have Photoshop Creative Cloud CS6  version 13.1.2 installed on ny Dell Workstation.  CS6 does not support Touch Gestures. That support was added in Photoshop CC 2014,

The Touch Support I see on my Surface Po 3 is for the for its Keyboard Touch Pad and for my Wacom Intuos Pro tablet  seem the be the same as I see with my Wacon Intuos pro tablet on my Dell workstation. I see big differences between Touch display support and my other touch devices support with Photoshop.

I'm not a fan of  Touch devices or inconsistent behavior. Therefore, I do not use Touch support with Photoshop I disable it in  my Photoshop Preferences and  I have set the wacom tablets top button set to set touch support off when I'm using Photoshop.  I have no idea if a Wacon Cintiq  Touch Support would work like my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 touch display support.

Is this an issue in Windows 10 or Adobe Photoshop. I just ignore the issue and do not use touch gestures with Photoshop. I do not believe the issue is related to Wacom or WinTab support.  The  Microsoft touch pad on my Surface Pro 3 is not a Wacom device.  Its touch support seems the match the touch support I see when I use my Wacom Intuos Pro tablet touch support with Photoshop.   Only my Surface Pro 3 Touch Display  touch support see to work with Photoshop like Adobe Documented how Photoshop  supports Touch gesture.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found you need to "trick" Photoshop into thinking your touch is your mouse. Found a youtube video or two for touchmousepointer. You can use with multiple softwares with the same issue. GL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljGDswyNhJ0

https://youtu.be/wMF0xcAldIM?t=431

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem - but under Mac Os - and it happened whilst working! Gestures was still enabled in preferences, but all of a sudden, it stopped working in the middle of a session. What fixed it for me was unchecking and re-checking "Tools/Enable Gestures" (you know that something is wrong with an application if its preferences need a full text search).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines