• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch Gestures Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Photoshop CC 2018 on my Surface Pro 4. I am having issues with the touch gestures not working.

I am able to move an image around the screen and I can zoom if I use the zoom tool or do it by percentage, but I can't do it with the pinch zoom gesture.

That tipped me off to realize that none of the gestures are working for me currently. (Zoom, Rotate, Restore, Undo, etc)

I looked through this page to see if it had any troubleshooting options and didn't find anything I could put to use.

I have restarted photoshop and my computer to just try that. I would appreciate any help you guys can provide! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Finally after months I figured out the problem!! Thankfully someone years ago had a similar problem!

This was the response: "Could it be to do with GPU Acceleration?  I ask because I can remember another SP3 user who described another issue with CC 2015 that sounded very like GPU acceleration had been disabled.   Preferences > Performance > GPU acceleration.  Make sure it is still turned on, and maybe set to Advanced in the Advanced tab."

Turns out my Graphics processor wasn't being used!

Edit >

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go you have Gestures enabled in Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do have gestures enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I haven't had any issues with gestures working before the update.

I did have a frustration when some of them changed a while back(undo changed from two fingers to three), but never any issue with them just not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this setting on by default and i still don't get any correct response from Photoshop--whenever I touch my cintiq screen, I see the Windows touch indicator appearing on my other Dell monitor--it's clearly 1:1 mapped, but just on wrong screen, rotating and zooming in all my photo references/chrome windows and not my photoshop canvas that's on the cintiq display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Surface Pto 3 not 4.  In CC 2014 I can use touch to pan zoom and rotate etc.  However at time two finger rotate fails to function.  In CC 2018  pan ad zoom still seem to work where rotate I never seems to work  I'm not a fan of touch ant doe really use it.  I also does not see to be able to use the  three and five finger touch gestures   I hat to rebuild my Surface pro 3 and doe not know of I have the lateste bIntel display driber installed  CC 2017 crashes whem I try to use touch in  Photoshop's 3D Engine. I will dowmload the latest HD 5000 driver.

The drivers on Intel site is not valid for the surface and microsoft update state my surface Pro 3 is up todate so CC 2017 crashes on me if I use touch screen touch.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have issues on my Surface Pro 3 with touch in Photoshop.  In fact I just disable  touch in CC 2017 and now two finger touch works in CC 2017 for pan an zoom not rotate.  This does not bother me for I do not use Touch. When enabled in CC 2017 Photoshop Crashes CC 2014 doe not nether does cc 2018.  Rotate is a problem though at time it does not. In CC 2018 three and five finger touch seem to work where I have had problems in Cc 2014 with these.  Its not a problem for me.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using  mobile studio pro 13 and I have the same problem.

basic gestures such as navigation with 2 fingers, rotation and pinch zoom don't work.

this happened suddenly. there was no recent update for device drivers, photoshop or windows 10.

another thing that is weird is that wacom's 3-4-5 finger gestures are working fine. and I can use one finger to navigate, though it will some times lock navigation to a horizontal or a vertical axis. also, sometimes when using one finger to navigate it will draw a line instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bendador, and Brittany,

Have either of you try resetting the Photoshop preferences to see if that reenables the touch gestures?

Reset Photoshop preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html#prefs

According to the engineering team regarding gestures and trackpad support: "We don't support gestures on the trackpad.  All we get there are OS window gesture events which can be unreliable."

So if it's working on-screen, but not on trackpad, that is working as intended.

Hopefully this helps shed some light.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resetting photoshop preferences didn't help.

what solved the problem was following a wacom's support guy who suggested to reset Windows10 to factory settings.

note I'm not referring to a trasck pad but to a touch screen on a tablet-PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem with my Dell laptop - every time Adobe CC updates (since Dec 2017) some (but not all) of the preferences change, and then the touch screen quits working. The only solution I've found is to reset all the Photoshop preferences - which I HATE doing - and then reset them all to MY preferences. And yes, Settings > Tools > Enable gestures is checked. Grrrr.. I use the touch screen CONSTANTLY to reposition my work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally after months I figured out the problem!! Thankfully someone years ago had a similar problem!

This was the response: "Could it be to do with GPU Acceleration?  I ask because I can remember another SP3 user who described another issue with CC 2015 that sounded very like GPU acceleration had been disabled.   Preferences > Performance > GPU acceleration.  Make sure it is still turned on, and maybe set to Advanced in the Advanced tab."

Turns out my Graphics processor wasn't being used!

Edit > Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings and be sure to check the box for 'Use Graphics Processor.'

One little box.

One change that must have happened in an update of some sort because I know I didn't mess with it. I hope if anyone else is having this issue they can fix it now too! YAY!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't enable that, it's greyed out. I am using a Samsung 9 Pro which has touch and wacom technology.  it also has a radeon graphics card.  my previous version works with this.  It's a bit frustrating because this version was working and now it's not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned this on today to do some 3D painting, and accidentally fixed this for myself, so happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having terrible trouble with this (x3 support people couldnt fix it). Just read this thread and my Gpu area is greyed out. How did you tick it if greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with CC 2021 and it needed the same fix. Thanks so much for figuring this out! Life saver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My touch screen stopped working after an update. I finally found: edit> preferences>general>touch mode>always, on the drop down menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2018 reset a bunch of preferences so I had to go back in and hunt for this (AGAIN)... as it happened a couple of updates ago. Can we please sort this out?? Time is limited in a business as it is, without having to hunt through forums to reset preferences. Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many users here are not happy you should let Adobe know use Adobe Feedback site Photoshop Family Customer Community

This is a user forum...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non riesco a salvare piu' niente con photoshop.

Luca

Links Removed by moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dec 2018 and I'm having this same issue, but I have the GPU settings all turned on and the Use Gestures setting as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same issue with me: enable GPU and turn on gestures still no work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enable GPU setting in my surface pro 4 but no work at all by using CC2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks, I realised it wasn't enabled and I wasn't using my graphic card performances 🙂
It didn't solve the problem though. BUT what solved it was to uncheck the "Animated Zoom" in Preferences > Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines