Highlighted

touchscreen on windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been having issues recently that has made my photoshop experience more frustrating than I'd like to admit. So my problem is that with the touchscreen, my pen has had issues with drawing and using other features, but mainly the features, such as pinch to zoom, has been changed somehow since first installing photoshop. Basically when I started I was able to use my fingers to zoom and move my photos freely with no lag and no issues. But recently (with no change to the preferences/settings) I have had issues with using my fingers on the touchscreen to move the image freely and such, as well as my finger touches causing tools to activate, such as the pen tool, which was not an issue for the first couple months of use. This is not a life ending issue but I am constantly pressing my hand on the screen when I am drawing and it registering almost as if I am using my mouse or pen. And as far as I know the hand touches and such are not supposed to have the effects while I am suing photoshop, I was under the impression that the pen that came with my laptop was the only thing that activated tools while my hand was supposed to be used for controlling the image, and that's how it was for a while and it only started occuring recenlty. I am decent with the software but far from a pro, so I am wondering if there is something in the settings I need to change, or maybe even an update came that changed things without me realizing. I'm not sure if there is a solution to this issue, but if there is and anyone knows what, I would really appreciate the help. My laptop is an HP Spectre if that is any help. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

touchscreen on windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been having issues recently that has made my photoshop experience more frustrating than I'd like to admit. So my problem is that with the touchscreen, my pen has had issues with drawing and using other features, but mainly the features, such as pinch to zoom, has been changed somehow since first installing photoshop. Basically when I started I was able to use my fingers to zoom and move my photos freely with no lag and no issues. But recently (with no change to the preferences/settings) I have had issues with using my fingers on the touchscreen to move the image freely and such, as well as my finger touches causing tools to activate, such as the pen tool, which was not an issue for the first couple months of use. This is not a life ending issue but I am constantly pressing my hand on the screen when I am drawing and it registering almost as if I am using my mouse or pen. And as far as I know the hand touches and such are not supposed to have the effects while I am suing photoshop, I was under the impression that the pen that came with my laptop was the only thing that activated tools while my hand was supposed to be used for controlling the image, and that's how it was for a while and it only started occuring recenlty. I am decent with the software but far from a pro, so I am wondering if there is something in the settings I need to change, or maybe even an update came that changed things without me realizing. I'm not sure if there is a solution to this issue, but if there is and anyone knows what, I would really appreciate the help. My laptop is an HP Spectre if that is any help. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2020 0

Have something to add?