• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tranform handles masked area

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to scale a masked area to a specific size. Is there a way for transform handles to match the masked area and not the entire unmasked image? I'm trying to get smart guides to recognize when the masked area has reached desired size and position.Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 6.42.12 PM.png 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

I've concluded that what I want to do is not possible—to scale and preserve an entire smart object using transform handles that are following mask shape (smart guides would then also detect mask shape). My solution has been to manipulate the smart object within a masked folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen capture seems to be showing  you are transforming the layer mask however, the layer does not have pixels in much of the ares that is not masked off.  You would need to scale the layers content to fill much of that area 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could load the mask as a selection, and with the image active (not the layer mask), Layer > New > Layer Via Copy (Ctrl + J). Transform that as desired, hide that layer, activate the masked image layer, and Edit > Transform > Again (Shift + Ctrl + T).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can unlink the layer and layer mask by clicking on the Chain symbol between the layer and mask.

link.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've concluded that what I want to do is not possible—to scale and preserve an entire smart object using transform handles that are following mask shape (smart guides would then also detect mask shape). My solution has been to manipulate the smart object within a masked folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course you can scale  distort and warp a smart object layer pixels  with  handles. You can not change Smart objects pixels though.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines