Highlighted

Transfer a texture

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am restoring an image. The jacket on the person in the image is clipped and flat. How can I copy a jacket from another photo and place  the texture, creases, and buttons of the jacket on another photo? Is there a tutorial you can cecommend on how to do this? I have searched, and maybe I am not using the right wording, but I cannot find  anything and know that there has to be one some where. Please help!

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transfer a texture

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am restoring an image. The jacket on the person in the image is clipped and flat. How can I copy a jacket from another photo and place  the texture, creases, and buttons of the jacket on another photo? Is there a tutorial you can cecommend on how to do this? I have searched, and maybe I am not using the right wording, but I cannot find  anything and know that there has to be one some where. Please help!

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a section of the two images you want to combine

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have a specific photo in mind but I run into the opportunity many
times. Is there a tutorial or directions as to how to do this? For
instance, you have a photo of a jacket with no texture or buttons etc. How
do you move the essence of the jacket properties and not the actual colors
to the specific photo? Thank you you for the reply.

--

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really does depend on the actual images.

It is possible, for example, to clone from one image to another with the clone stamp tool set to a blend mode other than normal. So you would be able to clone the Luminosity from one image to the other but without changing the Hue or Saturation. Whether that would work effectively in your case is hard to say without seeing the images.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of fabric -- denim, linen/burlap, cotton, wool, felt, flannel, knit, twead, plaid...? 

30 Free Fabric Pattern Sets for Photoshop

https://speckyboy.com/free-fabric-patterns-photoshop/

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0