• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer Custom Print Settings & Print sizes to another computer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a heap of different custom paper print sizes and print settings in photoshop. Is there a place where they are stored so I can just other copy them over to a new computer. Otherwise I have to recreate them in the print dialogue all again. Thanks in advance . 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

If you mean the paper sizes you choose in Page Setup or Print, those are typically not maintained by Photoshop; they are maintained by the printer driver software for your printer. One way that you see this is that if you create a custom paper size, it shows up in all applications that can print, not just Photoshop. Photoshop simply hooks into whatever printer settings are handed to it by the printer driver and the OS.

Finding out where your specific printer driver software stores custom page

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean the paper sizes you choose in Page Setup or Print, those are typically not maintained by Photoshop; they are maintained by the printer driver software for your printer. One way that you see this is that if you create a custom paper size, it shows up in all applications that can print, not just Photoshop. Photoshop simply hooks into whatever printer settings are handed to it by the printer driver and the OS.

Finding out where your specific printer driver software stores custom page sizes is definitely a good thing to work out before you migrate to another computer, and they don’t make them easy to find. For example, I created four custom paper sizes for my Epson 3880, and after some digging around I finally found what file stores those paper sizes. On my Mac running macOS 10.15.7, my Epson custom paper sizes are stored in:

[username]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.print.custompapers.plist

Custom print settings (the kind that appear in the standard macOS Print dialog box), are stored in:

[username]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.[YourPrinterNameHere].plist

The way those preferences files are named, it looks like they are Apple preferences files, so I hope that means all types of printers store their custom paper sizes and settings that way. But if you use a different brand of printer than I do, don’t be surprised if the custom settings might be stored differently or somewhere else.

You might not see the Library folder in your Home folder because it’s hidden by default. To reveal it, go to the Finder, and hold down the Option key as you click the Go menu. The Option key will add Library to the Go menu. If you want the Library folder to be shown permanently, in the Finder go to your Home folder, choose View > View Options, and select Show Library Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help.  I understand what you are saying. Though I have looked around and cant seem to fond them. I am using the latest OS Version which is different to yours. Ill just keep looking and eventually find them. Regards Gary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines