Highlighted

Transform option missing in video track for simple shape

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dumbfounded - why does such as simple feature need to become so complex in Adobe CC?

I recently watched a Lynda.com tutorial about the creation of animated Gifs, and the expert showed how one can scale a shape layer in the timeline video track using key frames. Now in CC it is no longer there, except for two added features "Vector mask Position" and "Vector Mask Enable". But no matter what I do, I cannot get a vector shape to transform in its size over time.

For the love of mike - does this have to be so difficult?

Please, anyone?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

Right click on your layer in the layer panel and convert the shape layer to a smart object

You can now add the transform keyframes in the timeline

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transform option missing in video track for simple shape

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dumbfounded - why does such as simple feature need to become so complex in Adobe CC?

I recently watched a Lynda.com tutorial about the creation of animated Gifs, and the expert showed how one can scale a shape layer in the timeline video track using key frames. Now in CC it is no longer there, except for two added features "Vector mask Position" and "Vector Mask Enable". But no matter what I do, I cannot get a vector shape to transform in its size over time.

For the love of mike - does this have to be so difficult?

Please, anyone?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

Right click on your layer in the layer panel and convert the shape layer to a smart object

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 02, 2017 2
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me just add - in CS6 there is a "Transform" option in the track in addition to the usual Position, Opacity and Style options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using? Some experts in these forums might have some better suggestions for you, but you've posted in the Lounge. It's not specific to any software and isn't for support. The Lounge is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support. Let us know what software you are using and a moderator can move your thread to a product-specific, support, forum

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - this was intended for the Photoshop forum! What's the role for the Lounge?

Thanks for your response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sargon63  wrote

Sorry - this was intended for the Photoshop forum! What's the role for the Lounge?

The Lounge is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support. Like right now, for example, there are some threads on examples of bad design and excellent design. Basic mumblings, grumblings, etc. Sometimes political, sometimes funny. Basically, non-Adobe stuff, but sometimes discussion about Adobe in general and not product-specific.

I'll get your post moved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it, thanks! And thank you so much for your help!

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unmarked my post as correct since your initial question is still unanswered. I want someone who knows Photoshop to help you out because I'm pretty sure there's an easy solution to your problem.

(Thank you though; if you want to give me internet points, you can mark my posts  as helpful).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 1
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam.

I haven't received any notification of a response to this question that you moved to the Photoshop discussion, and I was trying to find where it is, just in case there is something without me being notified, Unfortunately I cannot find the place where you moved the discussion - can you help please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2017 0
Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread you just replied to is the right one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O-ok! It looks like everybody is as dumbfounded as I am 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2017 1
Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2017 1
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Such a simple solution, but if one doesn't know it - one doesn't know it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you davescm! I was starting to panic until I found your response. Such a lifesaver right now!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mr. Dave! It works and that saved my time. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that you could only animate smart object.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It works and that saved my time. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0