• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Tool Not Rotating with Image

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this is an easy fix... I have a photo I am trying to mock up as a book spread. When I rotate the image and try to distort or warp, the 'corners' of the transform box remain perfectly square with the layout and not with the image... So when I attempt to distort it is not moving from the corners of the photo. See screenshot below... Any ideas??

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 1.41.59 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Are you commiting to the transform once and then using transform on the image again after applying the warp? If yes, then the behavior you are observing is expected. Photoshop commits to the changes you did the first time and resets the transform box to align with the edges of the workspace the next time you wish to use transform on the same image.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has never happened before. I use the transform tool to rotate the imate so the edges align with the book. Then I select the distort tool to align the corners to the corners of the book, but with distort I am not able to select the corners now. I've never had this issue before and I assume I just selected a property that needs to be deselected? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not what is expect with Smart Object Layers.  Smart Object Layers transform are not committed they are recorded in the smart object layer and can be edit  over and over again. Its not a destructive operation like on a raster layer. Perhaps you forgot to convert the image layer to a smart object layer

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Problem on windows 10  in PS 2020 21.2.1 transforming a smart Object layer adding rotation, distortion and warping then batch populating the Mockup template.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines