Highlighted

Transform tool not scaling in relation to anchor point?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some trouble with my transform tool and I'm not quite sure why. I'm working on some homework for a basic perspective class, and we're learning how to use the transform tool to scale a character forwards or backward in space. Our instructor showed us this by moving the transform tool's anchor point over to the vanishing point in a scene and scaling the character up or down in relation to the anchor point. 

I move my anchor point over to the vanishing point like we were shown, but the image won't scale in relation to it and seems to instead scale independently. I've attached an image below for reference as well.  

image2.PNG

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transform tool not scaling in relation to anchor point?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some trouble with my transform tool and I'm not quite sure why. I'm working on some homework for a basic perspective class, and we're learning how to use the transform tool to scale a character forwards or backward in space. Our instructor showed us this by moving the transform tool's anchor point over to the vanishing point in a scene and scaling the character up or down in relation to the anchor point. 

I move my anchor point over to the vanishing point like we were shown, but the image won't scale in relation to it and seems to instead scale independently. I've attached an image below for reference as well.  

image2.PNG

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that your screenshot or an instructional image? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my screenshot. I tried to attach an instructional image for comparison but the site said it contained 'invalid html'. I'll try and post an image below here: Capture.PNG

This is what the homework is supposed to look like. Our instructor was able to scale characters back in space using the transform tool and I was having trouble replicating that. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you alt-dragging the corner point? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh I wasn't! That seems to scale it correctly now! Thank you so much for the help! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is my anchor center point in Photoshop 2020? I dont see it like in older versions

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-08-09 at 13.37.38.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines