• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency makes color fade!

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a shape layer to remain a certain color. I also need the shape layer to be 50% transparent. 

Bringing down the opacity makes the color fade (say, from a dark yellow to ligher yellow).

How do I keep the original color and have the shape layer transparent at the same time? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the nature of transparency. Your color will be lighter and less dense. Maybe use a darker color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Care for some square circles, too? 

Please post meaningful screenshots and/or sketches to clarify what you actually want to achieve. 

Have you considered whether Blend Modes other than Normal might fit your needs? 

Another option might be Smart Object instances below and Clipping Masked to the object … 

Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 16.28.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the flattened version of the cube contains the requested colors. We need to see all the sides once folded into a box so opacity plays a role. The colors fade with 50% opacity and I know that's it's obvious. I'm just curious to know if there's a way to maintain that darker yellow? I doubt that we can unless, like Chuck offered in the prior comment, we try to change and match the coolor. Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 9.47.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried the Blend Modes »Darker« or »Multiply«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines