Hey just wondering (I haven't bought photoshop yet) if its easy to remove white backgrounds from artwork drawn in a book, its just black ink, its quite a complex drawing and it would take a long time to draw around the art to cut out the white background, is it easy to make images transparent?
2. Use a Transfer Mode (Multiply) to composite the page over some other image. (appears to cut away the white - so you can put anything underneath - - it may change the darkness values of your ink work if you're working in tones)
**Photoshop is great to own, but.....
You can do it for free in Adobe Fresco (iPad) or Adobe Photoshop Sketch (Android/iPad).
1. Take a photo / scan your artwork.
2. Add it as a layer in the mobile app
3. Choose Blend Mode > Multiply
4. On the Layer UNDER that artwork, you can paint, place photos, or whatever.