Highlighted

Transparent Gif Export comes out with pixelated edges

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a 540p GIF from Photoshop with a transparent background. It is only 1 color (white) and I want to be usable on many backgrounds.

I made the animation in After Effects and the .MOV export looks really clean and sharp in 1080p. Then I use Image Size in PS to down-res to 540 and save for web. 

I have tried several different varying settings for export each with the same result: very pixelated edges when opened in chrome or safari. 

GIF sample: file:///Users/Krause/Movies/Projects%20in%20Process/201103_Delos/Exports/GIFs/123201104_Delos_RotatingTag_White.gif

Any suggestions on what I could do to make it crisper? 

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 3.51.14 PM.png

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transparent Gif Export comes out with pixelated edges

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a 540p GIF from Photoshop with a transparent background. It is only 1 color (white) and I want to be usable on many backgrounds.

I made the animation in After Effects and the .MOV export looks really clean and sharp in 1080p. Then I use Image Size in PS to down-res to 540 and save for web. 

I have tried several different varying settings for export each with the same result: very pixelated edges when opened in chrome or safari. 

GIF sample: file:///Users/Krause/Movies/Projects%20in%20Process/201103_Delos/Exports/GIFs/123201104_Delos_RotatingTag_White.gif

Any suggestions on what I could do to make it crisper? 

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 3.51.14 PM.png

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larger and heaver fonts.  The Canvas may be 540px high  your large text may be 100px high You small text around a path has too few pixels to render legible crisp text.  The characters are in area like 7x14 pixels  

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0